TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once I get home from work and the car cools off I'm gonna get started on installing.......

- FRPP 3.73 rear end
- Mark VIII torque convertor and flexplate
- Mark VIII one piece driveshaft
- SSAC headers
- Deleting cats
- Solid rubber motor mounts
- Polyurethane transmission and crossmember mounts
- New valve cover gaskets

Cant wait to see what goes wrong, something always does :mad: Now who wants to come over and help? :D

Any extra tips besides whats in the tech articles?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Just for a heads up...dont punch out the cats...it sounds like A$$. I promice you.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
LOL sounds like you have a busy night/morning/day tomorrow ;) Should be a completely different animal when you finish though, good luck! I'd help if I was closer and not going to North Carolina today!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'd love to come down and help to get away from this 0 degree weather we've been having. Only problem is the 20 hr drive. Sounds like your going to have a lot of fun when your done. Rick

·
8,239 Posts
Aaron K. said:
Once I get home from work and the car cools off I'm gonna get started on installing.......

- FRPP 3.73 rear end
- Mark VIII torque convertor and flexplate
- Mark VIII one piece driveshaft
- SSAC headers
- Deleting cats
- Solid rubber motor mounts
- Polyurethane transmission and crossmember mounts
- New valve cover gaskets

Cant wait to see what goes wrong, something always does :mad: Now who wants to come over and help? :D

Any extra tips besides whats in the tech articles?
I'll come over and help, just send me a delta ticket in the mail :)

Also you might want to add a set of rear tires to that list.

JH

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hey Aaron!

You plan on yanking the engine again? It's almost worth it with the amount of work you have planned. The passenger side valve cover gasket alone would make it worth it. Ask Tim. ;) :D

Sounds like one of my marathon projects Tim loves to help me with!;)

Looks like someone else wants to knock on 13's door at the meet!:D :cool:

Good luck man!

Tim: Sounds like you 3.27 trac lok will be available shortly. Why don't we put it in before the meet!:D

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Pooperscooper said:
My weekends open. Let me know if you need some company. I'm not the best mechanic, but I can get the drinks. :)
The water sucks, it really really sucks.Have fun.
Chris

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Aaron:

You shoulda called Tim .. he would have helped you this weekend... his wife's outta town :D

Besides when you were finished with your stuff, he could swap the 3.27's into his...

Sounds like you should be right around where Rob was before he swapped the Bullitt on, and with the colder air you be "jahmmin' mon" at the meet.. Now we know why you organized it... I'm real anxious to see how she runs...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
All i can say is good luck with them headers. make sure you go nimble fingers and A LOT of patience with them little bolts!! They may look a bit accesable from looking at them before they go on the motor, but the are definately a PITA to tighten!! But it's worth it.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Nice try :D
By the time yo get here it will be bolted in under my car ;)
13's here I come

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Palmguy said:
Oh come on now...some of you with the FRPP rears have to have an extra 3.27 locker laying around, right? ;)
Unfortunately not. I believe only SC's and 96-97 Sport models had the 3.27's. Not sure if it was an option on the other models.

Tim does have my 3.08 open sitting in his garage though. It will probably be expendable shortly. ;)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I don't know about anything before '96, but it was definately an option on the LX in '96, cause that's how ordered GB out of the factory...

and no Palmguy you can't have em.. . they are going in the '95 on Monday...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
96 GoldBird said:
I don't know about anything before '96, but it was definately an option on the LX in '96, cause that's how ordered GB out of the factory...

and no Palmguy you can't have em.. . they are going in the '95 on Monday...
I should have remembered that from our Wednesday night get together!:bangwall:

Part two has answered my next question! Sweeeeeeet!

Palmguy: Ask Tim if he is going to use my 3.08. If not, grab it from him and install the gears of your choice!:)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts