TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front is done! New UCAs and KYBs with Vogt 1.5" drop springs. I already put some cobra shocks in the back but I still need to put the new springs back there. Wasn't a horrible job. Pepboys messed up putting them toether twice, leading me to have to buy a quickstrut, since they couldn't read the ford service manual i have, and return it.

It rides so much better now. No more bouncing around like a boat in rough waters. Im looking forward to taking it to work in the AM.

I have more pics on my tbird blog for all who are interested.

-Joe

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Excuse me while I get my mind out of the gutter after reading the title to your thread.. :D

That pic is pretty blurry..Do you think you can take some better pics so we can check out her new stance on all fours.. :tongue:

Rayo..

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excuse me while I get my mind out of the gutter after reading the title to your thread.. :D

That pic is pretty blurry..Do you think you can take some better pics so we can check out her new stance on all fours.. :tongue:

Rayo..
Oh certainly. We were actually thinking of making a home movie. :D

I meant to get another picture this morning but I was late, it was snowing and I had to top off the power steering fluid.

Even with the lowering springs, she still was sitting higher than before with the O\E setup. If the front shocks were anything like the rears I replaced, the car was basically just riding on the springs alone. I know they drop with time after install, I was just surprised. I'll try to get a better lit picture at lunch.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got a non-potato picture. The front has dropped and you can see the difference now. Theres a mild case of oversteer so I'm hoping to get the rears in shortly.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I think you may wanna slip her out of that bra ;)
;) Agreed. Those things sometimes do more harm than good, leaving a nice line across the hood where it flaps in the wind ever so slightly.

But with winter traction materials on the road, they can help with that.

Al

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
;) Agreed. Those things sometimes do more harm than good, leaving a nice line across the hood where it flaps in the wind ever so slightly.

But with winter traction materials on the road, they can help with that.

Al
The car is a salvage. It was totaled because it got hit in the front passenger side. The hood and fender on that side should really be replaced but a friend I grew up with owns a body shop. He pulled it as straight as he could, put some paint on to try and keep the rust away, fixed the header and I put the bra on so you can't even tell now. In that blog I have some picture of it from copart where you can see the hit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
woohoo!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hmmmm... a girl on her back.... or on all 4s.... <gutter>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts