TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found these videos after doing a quick search of YT for the latest on the trio.

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond & James May: The Grand Tour arrives in Vicenza, Italy in an Aston Martin, a Rolls Royce and a Hellcat!

How these guys are going to get any driving done anywhere with this orgy of selfies going on is beyond me but hey, it's great to see them back!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J_h3rBUAexE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HBPjbXTnADE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Oh look, somebody named their YouTube channel "The Grand Tour", and posted a poor-quality clip of Top Gear Live. How cute. :p

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
Either way I'm looking forward to seeing what these guys come up with without the BBC breathing down their necks. Didn't watch a millisecond of the new "Top Gear"...

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, ok. I see that in the YT comments as well. I'll delete the last linked video.

Still looking forward to the new show.

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok, here are some of the "Official" Grand Tour teaser videos. I can't wait!

It premieres on November 18.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kLtpcxtk4HI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/caezhWQc8Dw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
&#775;
3,702 Posts
Easily exceeded my expectations.. :smile2:

It's nice seeing these guys together on a proper motoring program again..

theterminator93 said:
Didn't watch a millisecond of the new "Top Gear"...
X2

Rayo..

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love their new theme song!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gz2GVlQkn4Q?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bought my Amazon Prime subscription and watched it last night. By far even better than Top Gear ever was. I laughed my ass off at the Eboladrome. :tongue:

The production value is way better. I love the commercial free broadcast in HD. It must be in 4K because the picture was off the charts beautiful! The audio was crystal clear HD too.

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
I watched a bootleg version on YouTube. How much is it per episode?

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the basic Amazon Prime subscription for Video only is $8.99 / Month - so figure $2.25 per episode.

I think there's no contract so when the season's over you can cancel.

Jeremy called it "Top Gear in Witness Protection" This is a funny interview.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7TkcXoHwbmM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Super Moderator
16,817 Posts
I found the production value to be about the same, the old show had a very high bar set so that's not at all a bad thing. Most improved aspect from the old show, to me, was the celebrity segment:D

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL ... yea that was unexpected!

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
I thought in addition to the Amazon prime subscription, there was a charge per episode?

·
&#775;
3,702 Posts
Now that the first season is finished..What did you guys think of it?

I thoroughly enjoyed it.. :thumbsup:
I think they did a good job being themselves..Which let's face it, made for a much more entertaining show..
Not having to conform to the BBC's rules allowed for some hilarious fun!

My favorite episode(s) was Beach Buggy Boys Part 1 & 2

I thought in addition to the Amazon prime subscription, there was a charge per episode?
Fortunately, No..No extra charge per episode like I originally thought..
The Grand Tour is considered a TV Show on Amazon Prime..
Which makes it free, after you've payed for an Amazon Prime membership (if that makes sense) :D

Rayo..

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Now that the first season is finished..What did you guys think of it?

I thoroughly enjoyed it.. :thumbsup:
I think they did a good job being themselves..Which let's face it, made for a much more entertaining show..
Not having to conform to the BBC's rules allowed for some hilarious fun!

My favorite episode(s) was Beach Buggy Boys Part 1 & 2

Fortunately, No..No extra charge per episode like I originally thought..
The Grand Tour is considered a TV Show on Amazon Prime..
Which makes it free, after you've payed for an Amazon Prime membership (if that makes sense) :D

Rayo..
I really enjoyed the whole series. I love that the new racing driver is "The American", and even better he has a southern accent. The Eboladrome in it's entirety is also hillarious, I do hope that as the seasons progress there are more names in "Your name here" and we get to see more cars on the edge at "Old Lady's house".

By and large, it's all the great stuff of their old show, enhanced and continuing to refine.
I looked up how to get alerted for tickets, if they come anywhere near me, I'm going to try to be there for the show.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I've seen them all, starts off rocky but they get their groove. The trip to southern Africa in dune buggies was awesome!

They DO need to get rid of Celebrity Brain Smash, that's just dumb. Drop the American hillbilly driver.

I'd also like to see them explore the places they go, not always cars, but the dining, the sights, the culture. All stuff you can do and reach FROM or IN your car :)

·
Super Moderator
16,817 Posts
I thought the first half of the series was rough, reminding me of some of the crappier Top Gear episodes, that is until the Christmas special, where I feel it really turned the tide and every episode since has been really enjoyable. Most of my complaints up to that point would be that the challenges seem rushed and unfinished, while the studio, err tent, segments are too obviously scripted, perhaps because they're playing to the audience more directly.

I don't like the driver, his dialogue is painful to listen to, it's always the same nonsensical whining. His whole shtick was funny in the first few episodes(much like celebrity brain crash), in that he's about as polar opposite of the stig concept you can get, but every word he says about a furrin car is interchangeable with the next one, I don't mind a hillbilly ranting about non-American cars but at least have some ******* substance to the rants.

Celebrity braincrash is more miss than hit, but I do prefer it to the insipid celebrity self promotion Top Gear interviews usually are(I almost always skipped those), but the last one was definitely one of the better ones lol. I'm hoping they phase that out in the future and extend conversation street focusing more on current auto news.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts