TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I thought the first half of the series was rough, reminding me of some of the crappier Top Gear episodes, that is until the Christmas special, where I feel it really turned the tide and every episode since has been really enjoyable. Most of my complaints up to that point would be that the challenges seem rushed and unfinished, while the studio, err tent, segments are too obviously scripted, perhaps because they're playing to the audience more directly.

I don't like the driver, his dialogue is painful to listen to, it's always the same nonsensical whining. His whole shtick was funny in the first few episodes(much like celebrity brain crash), in that he's about as polar opposite of the stig concept you can get, but every word he says about a furrin car is interchangeable with the next one, I don't mind a hillbilly ranting about non-American cars but at least have some ******* substance to the rants.

Celebrity braincrash is more miss than hit, but I do prefer it to the insipid celebrity self promotion Top Gear interviews usually are(I almost always skipped those), but the last one was definitely one of the better ones lol. I'm hoping they phase that out in the future and extend conversation street focusing more on current auto news.
What I would like to see would be a different driver every season. This year, it's "The American". Next year, how about "The Italian" or "The Swede".

I wouldn't mind a nod to American Top Gear and get Tanner Foust in there, just to twist the knife a little.

I do agree that Celebrity Brain Crash has played out, and hopefully it gets changed up next time

I'm not so sure about using the show as a tour guide for the area, but I would like to see the challenges take up more of the show. I'd love to see them come to Brainerd International Raceway here in MN at some point, or have them do some winter driving here.

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Conversation street is fantastic. I love what they do with the opening silhouettes. Celebrity braincrash is crap. "The American" is annoying. Matt summed his character up well.

I've watched through the dune buggies episodes but I've yet to see the rest of the season.

All in all it's fantastic to see the trio back to making great entertainment.

And wow, just noticed, that's post 10,800 for me ...

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Conversation street is fantastic. I love what they do with the opening silhouettes. Celebrity braincrash is crap. "The American" is annoying. Matt summed his character up well.

I've watched through the dune buggies episodes but I've yet to see the rest of the season.

All in all it's fantastic to see the trio back to making great entertainment.

And wow, just noticed, that's post 10,800 for me ...
I'm to about the same episode and so far it's not bad.

10800 so?? Wanna cookie? Lol

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey Vic, nah, a beer would be good though.

I've got to get back to Chicago to hang with you, Matt, Enbalmer, and the rest of the local crowd again some time.
Cheers :zbeer:

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Hey Vic, nah, a beer would be good though.

I've got to get back to Chicago to hang with you, Matt, Enbalmer, and the rest of the local crowd again some time.
Cheers :zbeer:
:zbeer::zbeer: works for me!

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I'm just going to put this here ... enjoy!

Seamen ... Coming Friday, December 13 "What could possibly go wrong?"

·
Super Moderator
10,392 Posts
I'm just going to put this here ... enjoy!

Seamen ... Coming Friday, December 13 "What could possibly go wrong?"
If it takes that long to come, damn. SMH.

:)

So, judging from the name, it's what Gay Guys in Boats?

Sorry, I still have last weeks SNL "Guy with a Boat" sketch in my mind.

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nah, it's just a play on words. I though you were familiar with Jeremy, James and Richard from Top Gear?

They're laugh your ass off funny. Did you watch the video I linked?

·
Super Moderator
16,817 Posts
I miss the days of watching Top Gear on streetfire and later torrents to get the unneutered UK version promptly in its full non copywrite altered glory. Now I get warnings from my ISP for “piracy”, **** Bezos. Haven’t seen an episode of GT since S2E1.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts