TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yep, it's about 1200 square feet of finished space, plus utility closets; the theater is about 25% of that. I went through 39 sheets for the ceilings and I'm estimating about 100 for all the walls. Theater took 17 by itself, but it's also the largest and simplest room dimensionally.

On the bright side, I'm done with the 5/8" stuff! Amazing how much lighter and easier the 1/2" is to work with. The electrical utility closet and the north end of the foyer (where the kitchenette will go) is next.

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Another couple weeks, and I finally have finished with load #1 of drywall, meaning I'm about halfway done with hanging everything. Plan to pick up another bunk of 34 tomorrow afternoon so I can continue the dirge...

This is the electrical utility closet and to the right is where I'll ultimately end up putting a few cabinets, a mini-fridge and counter/microwave for snacks. I'm thinking I'll also put shelves in, in this area in general to supplement the movie storage I'll have in the theater itself.

Yeah, there's about 35 or so low voltage (cat6/RG58/HDMI) cables in there which I'll need a patch panel and rack for. :)

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
"Patch panel and rack"

For some reason, this is one of my favorite phrases, lol.

Work looks awesome.

Makes me wish I would have done my own thread for my bathroom project, LMAO.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,398 Posts
If you put in light dimming capability, you need to make sure is doesn't generate noise; way back in the 80's I helped build a studio, and found out that Triac based dimmers are the devil to high fidelity, lol.

It's a detail, but you don't want to hear 120Hz and 180Hz harmonics on everything, believe me.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts