TCCoA Forums banner

301 - 320 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
XR7 as hell said:
If those wheels on that tbird look like any wheels, i would think they look like the SVO wheels that came on the turbo mustang

I think they said the wheels on the AWD bird were Porsche wheels.

8ate8 said:
My membership expired on SCCoA, but I did get to see the AWD pics. It's definitely not a prestine vehicle. Has about 70K miles iirc, and it looks like it. There were 3 prototypes made with the help of Porsche, but Ford decided their method was too expensive, so they went with another company, of whos name slips my mind right now. There really weren't any exterior photos. Practically all of them were of the custom parts that were made for the awd system. The custom transfer case, the mods to the transmission, etc.
Also, the AWD tbird has around 38,000 miles on it, not 70K.

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
I wish that ford engeneiers would have offered a dark charcoal/black and kept a dark red interior and deleted green on the 94-97 tbirds. I guess if they would have got off there crack pipe that they would have done that. It really bugs me that a fold down rear seat was not standard on all birds except stripper v6 cars.

I would have liked to see all birds with 16x 7.5 inch wheels on a 5 4.5 inch bolt pattern and 235 60 16 tires standard and 17x8 with 245 50 17 tires optional on sport package cars.

The cars should have came with 11.57 front brakes with dual piston front rotors standard and 13 inch front rotors with dual piston calipers. The rear brakes should have been 10.57 disk.

I think that after 1993 the cars should have had a 4.2 v6 standard and a 4.6 2 valve and 4 valve optional.

standard base v6 care 4.2 v6 180 hp open 8.8 3.27 diff limited slip optional single exhaust 12 inch torque converter. 16x7.5 wheels 225 60 16 tires standard.

Lx v8 standard 4.6 two valve 260 hp dual exhaust 3.55 gears limited slip 11 1/4 inch converter 16x7.5 235 60 16 tires, 11.57 rotors twin piston calipers. sport package optional sport spring bigger sway bars strut tower brace, 17x8 wheels 245 50 17 tires, 13 inch rotors dual pistong calibers.

supercoupe 4.6 4 valve 300 hp 3.73 gears limited slip 11 1/4 inch torque converter sport suspension package standard, luxgary lighting package standard.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I thought this was the little known mn12 facts thread, not the Ford should of done this, this, this, this, this and that thread. :)

·
Registered
789 Posts
blown96bird said:
supercoupe 4.6 4 valve 300 hp 3.73 gears limited slip 11 1/4 inch torque converter sport suspension package standard, luxgary lighting package standard.
Shouldn't a SuperCoupe be SuperCharged?

·
Registered
112 Posts
There's more than the super charger that makes the super coupe. They had a lot of options only available on the SC birds. This topic has been gone over and over on sccoa.com, each has his own opinion.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I thought the fold down rear seat was available as an option on any Cougar or Tbird?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
lightevergreenfrost said:
Yeah, hence the Super part. Little known fact here is that Ford spent money, came up with something good, but never did anything with it. BTW, 3.55 would not be good for the high way.
wanna make a bet ? my car is awsome with the 355 , miller1995's is too!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Did any of the other birds or cats have variable speed steering, trak-loc rear, 5 speed?

·
Registered
329 Posts
NCredSC said:
Did any of the other birds or cats have variable speed steering, trak-loc rear, 5 speed?

variable speed steering was a option from 94+
and track lock was a option on 91+ LX if i remeber rigth

altough things like a heavier carpet was only for the sc

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
NCredSC said:
variable assist steering was standard on the lx's 92 up iirc, my 94 lx v6 has it. trac loc was also optional on the non sc mn12's as well, however the fold down rear seat and the 5 speed were sc only options. i hope i got that right, lol...:D

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
My BASE 1991 T-Bird had a 7.5" rear end with 3.27 gears and Trak-loc :D When it was swapped for an 8.8", we were pretty surprised.

-Melon

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
the evo was an option , but almost every single early car i have scene has had it,

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Yep, the Trac-lok was a part of the "cold weather package" for the LX's.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
NCredSC said:
There's more than the super charger that makes the super coupe. They had a lot of options only available on the SC birds. This topic has been gone over and over on sccoa.com, each has his own opinion.
Im well aware of what the SC's had that the Lx's didn't. Ive been here for a while. Basically, the SC's had the options that the LX's should have. What I meant by my comment was that Super came from Super charged, just like the Turbo part of Turbo Coupe was because of the Turbo charger.

301 - 320 of 479 Posts