TCCoA Forums banner

What did you think of the movie?

• HOLY CRAP, I am a different person, I loved it!

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • It was good, better than the first and second one!

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • It was alright, no more or less worse than the other two.

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • It sucked, I don't understand what they were thinking by doing that!

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just figured since I got home from the theater, I would ask the question. What did you think. Was the movie as bad as all the critics said, and were you disappointed. Also, what were some of your reactions?

For me, I loved the movie, when the credits rolled I was sooooooo pissed off, but when I sat down and thought about it, I was less angry, to the point I am at now, I loved the movie, I thought it was incredible, and it was one hell of a way to spend 6 bucks. It's not your typical Hollywood movie, and I am thankful for that. I dunno, I think before I add more I need to sit and think about it some more, and sorta figure out some shizzy in the old noggin. some damn good special effects!!!!

·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, it seems like only 1 other person on the internet has seen this movie today, lol, just kidding, I also just thought, if you have any ideas on how it's GOING to end, but haven't seen it yet, post them, I wanna know what people think, cause I really had no idea goin in what was gonna happen. And don't worry, I won't spoil it for you.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I wasn't very impressed. I the plot was a little... stringy. I think I needed to watch reloaded again before this, cause apparently there were a lot of references that I didn't remember. But I was checking my watch every time the action stopped and they started talking, there were a lot of unanswered questions, and the ending sucks. But that's just my 0.02

·
High Output Poster
1,491 Posts
I don't know what to say. I liked the movie, but was confused at the end. I'll ask Shadow on Saturday (at SSHS) if he knows, depending on if he's seen it yet.

·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At first, I had the same thought, that the ending sucked, I was like devestated, and MAD, but then you get to thinking about it, and what did you expect? Little munchkins welcoming you to munchkinland, click your heels 3 times and you're home, F*CK that shizzy. I liked it, cause it messed with me, and elicited a reaction, which a lot of movies these days don't tend to do. So yeah, the movie rocked!

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think the end was very fitting. The story now has a new beginning and therefore can continue (most likely in different mediums, other than movies).

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i thought the movie was awesome, they way it tied together with the other movies and the ending.. i thought the ending was great. i dont know, it just seemed very fitting. i loved it... now i cant wait for all three to be out in like some set. i dont own any of the others, i jsut want to sit down and watch all three back to back.. to back. -greg

·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what my friend and I were saying, the movies were great, and they tie together very well, and yes, you are right, it does leave the story open to lots of new venues, and honestly, I would like to see more films, at least one more. But what my friend and I thought was that, to have to have waited 3 or 4 years for that, was a little disappointing at first, it was good they waited, cause the effects are incredible, but if they had said, you know, here is a 6hr movie, watch it and tell us what you think, and you saw it from beginning to end, no stops, you would just be blown away, the whole concept is sooooo incredible, and the way they write and carry out the movie is phenomenal. There's no way if you haven't seen them, that if you watched them all back to back not knowing anything, that you wouldn't be just blown away by the signifigance, not only technologically, but also philosophically, cause that's what the movies sort of boil down to, the human struggle. The very basic drive that is inside all of us. Tell me if you watched all 3 simultaneously, that it wouldn't affect you in some way.

·
Smoothmeister K
887 Posts
I haven't seen it either, but I have a feeling that Smith plays an important role in the whole Matrix theme, and Neo knows what Smith is and must confront him to acknowledge it. Maybe he needs to destroy him but realizes that Smith is apart of him, and therefore must remain alive.. I have no idea I'm just pullin stuff out right now.
Oh, and to those who have seen Revolutions w/o playing "Enter the Matrix", it is completely understandable that you feel like you missed out on somethings, or feel empty, because you were supposed to unfold the plot in Enter the Matrix to build a bridge between Reloaded and Revolutions in order to better understand Revolutions. I'll be getting the game first before I go see the third and final movie of the trilogy.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Amp said:
Maybe he needs to destroy him but realizes that Smith is apart of him, and therefore must remain alive..
or realizes all that and makes the only decision possible to get rid of Smith, he is modeled after a jesus-type character after all...

I'll go see it friday, after watching the first one again I remembered I'm not a freak about the Matrix, just Bellucci. :D

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yea i just decided to say the hell with my friends...they ruined matrix 2.0 for me...im not waiting till tommorow for them to ruin matrix 3.0 hehe. Im gonna go tonight ill let you all know what i thought when i get back :)

Greg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts