TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
TCCoA Bachelor Club Pres.
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, I figured since we have the other thread, people can see it and go, what the hell are they talking about, so to avoid ruining it for them, lets do it here, so we can have some idea of all the things we thought and want to express.

·
Registered
686 Posts
in about 3 hours (leaving as soon as i finish eating) im sure ill have some discussion for yah hehe. IM STOKED!!!! :znanner:

Greg

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
I liked the movie over all. However I thought Trinity took way too long to die and the last scene was kinda corny. But the rest of te movie was fun to watch.

·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, her death was a bit long winded, but touching none-the-less. However, I thought it was cool that when they were heading into the Computer city, that they punched through the clouds, and saw real sunshine, it was just a cool moment.

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
The part when they bust through and see real sunshine was the only /really/ cool part of that movie for me. I dunno.. I think I just expected way too much going in. The final fight between smith and neo was /way/ corny. Like.. Lightning every time Smith raised his fist/flew up into the air. WTF was that?

So.. Did NEo die or what?

·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From what I got from the movie, Neo is dead, but like they said before, there was 5 more before him, and the oracle says she expects to see him again, so my take was they left themselves open to continue that in another movie, or other media, but I think the Neo we knew, is dead.

·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The matrix did reset, but the big difference this time is that there is peace between the machines and mankind. And Zion was NOT destroyed, on top of that, Trinity didn't die when Neo had his chat off with the Architect, whereas the 5 before him, that was the way it went. She did die, but not until after the typical equation had changed. That's why Smith went nuts, beacause the architects typical timeline for things was changed. Trin didn't die, Neo didn't just give in, there was nothing to stop them from changing things, so to balance the equation, Smith grew to enormous proportions, overwhelming and pretty much destroying the matrix. The final showdown was cool I thought, I mean, it was probably a bit overdone, but oh well. And I like the end, Neo realized the way to do things, was he had to die, for things to balance, he had to die, so that smith would die to. And if you notice when they do that Neo vision thing, of his body being held upright by the machines, after he is turned into smith, it's like a blinding light comes from his body, it starts on his chest, and almost resembles a cross rising from his body.

·
Registered
686 Posts
All i can say is dam. The only thing i didnt like about that movie was the freaking blown subwoofer in the front of the theater...at least thats what it sounded like during really loud bass hits...lol. but the movie was awesome...i dont think they could have come up with a better ending, period. I think what pisses everyone off is that neo and trin die in the end...but when you consider that the second movie left off in a way that left you with the feeling there was absolutely no chance of neo beating the machines, they did overcome the odds.

The movie had me going so well that basically from the time it started to the time the credits rolled, the ONLY thing that existed was the events in that movie. It was that good...and i highly doubt any movie will ever come close to that one (at least not for a long time)...

Greg

·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sitting in that theater, I forgot what season it was. I was so absorbed, and then talking to my friend on the way out, we stepped out of an 80 degree mall walkway into 20 degree weather, and I just about had my junk fall off.

I totally agree, that ending couldn't have been better, not only does it not fit with your average happy ending, it makes you think, and on top of that, with there being a POSSIBLE chance, that Neo is still alive, or may return, makes you speculate as to wether or not this is only a trilogy.

·
Registered
686 Posts
If theres a matrix 4 - (infinity) ill be at every single one of them!!! Im hooked! But it would be certainly hard to top the 3rd one, i think a 4th matrix would just have to be a lot more mellow. Like the robots and humans work out a plan to clear the skies and allow the sun to shine on the earth again. And then theyd plant flowers and happy trees...LOL. Then thered of course be a rebel group of humans that wants to take over the robots and completely destroy the matrix and the peace between humans and robots. What id really like to see is for them to make a movie that ties terminator to the matrix, like as if the terminators end up evolving into the robots that create the matrix....sounds crazy but i think it would fit together nicely. And i know their two different stories but it would be cool i think....ok im jus trambling, i should stop...hehe.

Greg

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Well I did see Laurence Fishburne on Conan say that there were absolutely no more movies.

I thought that the movie was awesome...I was a tad bit disappointed with the ending though. It just seems a bit unresolved. All that anyone in Zion knows is that Neo saved them somehow. They will never, it seems, know what actually happened. I didn't expect Trin to die when she did. That pissed me off too. I guess I just like happy endings.

Despite that, I am still tempted to say that I liked Revolutions better than the first two!

·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree, as usual. The movie rocked, and I know they say there will be no more, but like GregK said, if there are more, I will definitely show up to watch,a dn hopefully they don't go the way of the police academy movies. Also the tone of the 4th or more would be much different, I just think it is such a great series, it's hard to see it go. I don't think there will be another movie, because it would be hard to make and have it match, or be better than what they have already done. The bar is set so god damn high now, I don't even know what would make it better. That I think is the biggest reason for disappointment in Reloaded, the Matrix original set the bar so freakin high no one knew what to do, but I still feel the second rocked. I have no doubt they will tie other media, books, possibly comics, or another anime movie, something to sort of tie up the little loose ends. It does also suck that no one knows what happens, but that is also sometimes just how things are.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I think it was implied how things would work out. The robots backed off, they knew it was becuase of neo. And the architect even states that he would free anyone who wanted to be and says his word is good "what do you think i am human" or something like that he said. I dont think they really showed whether or not neo died, who knows he did disconnect from his body at the beginning of the movie, maybe hes inside the matrix... I think the fact that trinity died was appropriate to the theme of the movie, even tho Neo lost his reason to keep going he still overcame the odds...

Greg

·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I almost forgot about the architects last statement, that was great, basically he would keep his word cause he isn't human.

On another note, did anyone else catch on to the fact that Smith seemed to lose his friggin mind about halfway through the movie? The whole scene where he confronts the oracle, adn throws the cookies, starts shouting, if she knew he was coming that means she baked the cookies on purpose and set them there just cause she knew he would throw them. He went completely off his rocker.

·
Registered
686 Posts
One thing i didnt understand however, was what happened to all the other hover ships they had? I thought only 5 of them were destroyed from the accident in the 2nd matrix plus the 2 ships that were lost helping neo reach the source. But i thougth they said they had 250 ships, so where did they go...did i miss somethign?

Greg

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yea i thought that was foreshadowing smiths ultimate demise, and the oracle didnt care that he was taking her becuase she knew neo would save the day.

Greg

·
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmm, I dunno bout the ship thing, I think I may have to watch No. 2 again.

The whole smith thing was creepy though, but now that I think about it, his evil laugh after having infected the oracles program, was actually from the oracle herself, knowing that his time was short lived. But maybe it was just the cackle of a madman who had just finished converting all but one thing in matrix into his own twisted self. And then at the end, neo's little inevitable speech, and then Smith asking if it was over, and suddenly his head twitches to his right, and you can just see smith get worried.

That whole thing with the cookies though, that is about the only real emotion he showed the whole time. Smith was some corrupted damn software that's for sure.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts