TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I went on the first shake down cruz with the 1987 2.3Liter mustang I bought for 300.00. It has been three weeks of knuckle busting work but it started and stayed running until I shut it off. Wow! Is that car scary to drive! It needs new suspension, steering, tires, brakes and paint! If any one has road in the old boat like cars of the 70's, its kind of like that! Went around the corner at normal speed. At 3/4 way through the 180 dgree turn I suddenly relized, the sway bars in the car are just for looks. I felt like a damn weble wobble, didn't stop a rocking for two whole blocks. Further more the whole time I was rocking, I was also trying to stop. When the car finnally stoped rolling, rocking and my buddy and I stopped cussing. We let the car idle home and laughed the whole thing off.

Eric

P.S On a brighter note the thing gets hella good gas milage, 43 bucks every 6 months for insurance. Plus the warden will let me do any thing I want to it. Lower, raise (not that I would) N.O. system, turbo I could go on for hours. If I mess it up, it was only 300$ I am so pumped, Its going to be like my first real toy!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Someone must of beat the hell out of it before you got it, my buddys 1988 Mustang 4banger drives just about as smooth as the cougar, and pulls harder too.

I bought his brothers 1985 turbo coupe with a compleatly rebuilt engine and trans, the only bad thing is that the brakes dont work at all and the body is crap, But not bad for $100, it didnt run when I got it, I had to fix a maf wire and it started right up and ran perfectly. The only thing the $1500 mustang has over the $100 turbocoupe is looks and braking capabilities. lol

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kid my nieghbor bought it ftom had slapped 5.0 emblems on the side and added a false second tail pipe. Plus it has huge 245/60/16's. I think the dude had some issues....Eric

·
Registered
635 Posts
my first car...got it when i was 15, was a 1985 2.3L 1 barrell carb 3 speed mustang coupe. I drove that thing for 5 years. Thats when i got the bird. I needed something that could make it across texas. Fun car. had good times in it...mudddin..ahhh, she held up too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts