TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
second post but what do you guys think of the mods. i will get some pics the car looks pretty nice but i have not put a cardomain site together.

so any was, have you guys since the new 5.0 mustang and fast fords. they had some thing in there saying that you had made a adopter plate to put the PI intake man onto the non PI heads. the dyno chart showed that with just the plate and and the intake man the top increase was 35hp and 35tq. the chart showed that everything before 3000 it was the same but everything after 3000 it started gaining more and more power and by i think 7000 it topped out by making 35 hp & 35tq.
they ported the heads then showed a chart which showed even more gains. then they showed the chart with the ported heads, their cams, with the plate and the PI intake man. the set up only just missed the PI heads and Intake man dyno by like 4 hp and like 4 tq. with the set up it only increases the height by only .3 of an inche.

i know other people read this mag but when i look at it again i will get the company name and tell everybody. but after reading the pages i guess i will be changing the future mod list to get the intake man

so go out and get the new 5.0 MUSTANG AND FAST FORD mag and read the pages you know what i am talking about.

·
Registered
654 Posts
At this time - The kit you speak of is way over priced $600.00 +

Detroit Speedworks made them Livernois Motorsports sells them

35 hp is a nice gain if the price comes down I would buy the kit.

Curt

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Palmguy said:
Or you could just bolt the PI intake directly to the NPI heads...
I was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Palmguy said:
Or you could just bolt the PI intake directly to the NPI heads...
And since they ported the NPI's you'd be just as good spending a few more bucks and port matching the NPI heads to the PI intake (my plans). That would let you not have to buy the adapter plates and saze that 0.3" you gain with the plates. I think those plates by themselves are in the ball park of like $300 or so. The port match I'm getting runs like $190 I believe. And if you get some GOOD ported NPI heads, they will out flow GOOD ported PI heads.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts