TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the normal brake squeal from ford, had it on my tempo, but this is a little different, i'm okay with the brake squeal for right now, but while i'm driving just along, i hear the same kind of squeal....only after 2 mph. :-D To me it sounds like the brake squeel but all the time during acceleration and cruising...could the brake issue be causing the driving squeal?

·
5,650 Posts
I suppose it could happen if the brakes are dragging. I'd check to make sure that the calipers can move freely (i.e. the slider pins are still lubricated and not seized) and that nothing is interfering like the dust shield or anything. And you do have the parking brake released, right?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
sure its not the back brakes?
Maybe a bearing?
have you jacked up the car, and turned the wheels(while off the ground), to see/hear any noises?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I had a faint squeal once, and it was the dust shield (?) on the front brakes. You know, the thin metal plate on the inside of the rotor. Somehow, it got bent slightly and was rubbing on the rotor. I unbent it, and no more squeal.

·
Registered
109 Posts

When were your brakes last replaced? It could be the wear indicator.... I know it sounds obvious. I am not trying to offend you. ^^,

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When were your brakes last replaced? It could be the wear indicator.... I know it sounds obvious. I am not trying to offend you. ^^,
Yeah - I took it into the shop, they didn't tell me what they did, but the squeel is gone...Thanks for your input, sorry i didn't note this earlier...hard to keep track sometimes of posts!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts