TCCoA Forums banner

241 - 260 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
My beer tastes are simple: Bud Light or Heineken, depends on which I feel like having. Then there's those Lime-a-ritas, and I really like the Cran-brr-ritas.

While barhopping one night in Rockford with my brother-in-law, he turned me on to having a glass of Bud Light that features a shot of Angry Orchard on top. Had looottts of those. :D Unfortunately there aren't any bars local to me that I know of that has Angry Orchard on tap.

·
Administrator
8,055 Posts
While barhopping one night in Rockford with my brother-in-law, he turned me on to having a glass of Bud Light that features a shot of Angry Orchard on top. Had looottts of those. :D Unfortunately there aren't any bars local to me that I know of that has Angry Orchard on tap.
Next time try a Blue Moon with the Angry Orchard half and half mix, Angry Moon it's called. Not too bad, if they don't have Blue Moon then see if they have Shock Top. I'm not into the fruity beers, but it's something different to try.

Joe

·
Registered
202 Posts
Black and Sam last night. Guinness on top, Sam Boston on bottom. Tried it with the Cold Snap, too. Very good.

Best mix though that I've tried is Cherry Float. Sam's Cherry Wheat + Guinness Stout.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I have been drinking a lot of microbrews lately, mostly hoppy IPA's, such as:
Sweetwater IPA 6.2%
Sierra Navada Torpedo IPA 7.2%
Lagunitas Maximus IPS 8.2% (The best tasting!)
Flying Dog Double Dog Double IPA 11.5% (Must be drank sitting down!)

I admit that the Pale Ale's and IPA's aren't the most thirst quenching, that is when I reach for a Heineken or a Stella Artois.

As far as domestic beers, Yeungling or Bud.

Al

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Something special that I bough last month and just got around to drinking last night ....

Love that amber color.

Yum!

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
Lol :uppoint:

Ah, yes the toaster as a mirror trick. Nice touch! :tongue: I also like how there's one missing from the 6-pack. :zbeer:

Wow those are retro! When was the last time they used that label? 1970 something?

It seems to me that its been a long, long time since I've seen that design.

·
pendejo
430 Posts
that was my "retro" picture, with the 50 year old breadbox reflecting the shag carpet and the 1968 coffee table plus the McDonalds "retro look" chairs :D

·
Super Moderator
12,083 Posts
More about tonights brew:

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
A birthday on the road by myself ... Happy Birthday to me! :tongue: :(
I love Abita Jockamo. I haven't had their other products, but the Jockamo is a very well-balanced IPA. The only one I like better is the Sierra Nevada Torpedo. Happy birthday, by the way.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Now you guys are talkin! I will have to try the Abita.

The Torpedo is definitely a robust beer! I just finished off my last one on the weekend.

Another one I highly recommend is the Lagunitas Maximus IPA. Best tasting IPA IMO. You may have to get it at a specialty shop.

Al

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts

And I will even brew it for y'all!

·
Administrator
8,055 Posts
Home brew I bet ;) In-law does the same .
Could be! :) There's a place locally where you can go and brew one of 30 different kinds. My son and I did it after Christmas, it was fun! Bottle it 2 weeks later and you can even add your own label, just come up with the artwork!

Joe

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Care to elaborate? Details, what are we thinking of making here Rick!? :D

Joe
I've been know to brew a bottle or two ..... or 40 ;) My favorite is a little recipe that I use a bit of brown sugar & my grandpa's homemade maple syrup! Real good and a bit higher alcohol content then what you buy in the store!
You'll drink one of mine, enjoy it, and feel like you drank 2-3 commercial beers! :zbeer:

I really should make some and stick some TCCoA labels on it! I'll have to make it a real good beer that I know everyone will enjoy... :D

Wonder what Thunderbird Cougar taste like? :zbeer:
Like Superior Beer, of course! ;)

241 - 260 of 376 Posts