TCCoA Forums banner

121 - 140 of 376 Posts

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Bud Select is good, I like it.

There is nothing else to do in W.VA, except drink, and the cheaper the beer. The better!
^^^HAAHA you got that right man!!

Its like 2 bucks a drink over there some guy i met there was complaining how he spends a lot of money when he goes out to the bar!
So I am like:" oh yeah what you spend usually?"
He is like at least 40-50 bucks every night!

To me thats like 5-6 drinks:( to them its like a lot!!!

Good Times!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Stella Artois has an interesting website. One of the nicer ones I've seen, especially for beer.

www.stellaartois.com/

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LgC-dciWs8Y"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LgC-dciWs8Y" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

In Great Britain, the term "wifebeater" is used as slang for the Belgian beer Stella Artois. A possible origin is the famous scene in the movie A Streetcar Named Desire, where Marlon Brando's character yells "Stella!", the name of his wife, as he begs her to return after violently beating her. In British culture, Stella Artois is associated with a drinking culture in which domestic abuse may follow a bout of drinking at the local pub.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Lots of beer in here.

Drink Bud Light for the cheap factor.
All the Spaten beers are good. Canadians aren't too bad either, even LaBatte :) I like a bunch.

And for all you Killian's fans. Go try a good red beer. Murphy's.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I like a wide verity of beer we use to go to jungle jims and pick up a 6 pack of different type's of beer once a week and try all different types of beers. Sadly just about anything made in Asia is a GREAT beer. http://www.tsingtaobeer.com/ this is a good stuff. But i normally drink miller for the most part. I have had everything from malt liquor to expensive imported beer its all good to me

·
Registered
167 Posts
Meh, not a beer fan unless I'm already GONE.:D I'll take some Irish whiskey if yer buyin'??? WOOT!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I usually drink hard cider, but when I do drink beer I like Gordon Biersch's Hefeweizen or Sam Adams Winter Lager.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Liking Miller Lite, and was drinking Bud Light until all this selling of Anheuser-Busch crap started.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Stella top five fa sho, yuengling, budweiser american ale ain't bad really either, high life when I'm workin on the car, and a 40 of Old English when times are hard.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
I got pulled over by some bored police checking to see if I was drunk. LOL the guy seemed disappointed when I told him I just got done with my delivery driving shift. He asked if I had been drinking and then had to say "ok obviously no drinking but mind if I check out your licence." I said "no, feel free." I have to say I noticed the guys were standing around in a group at 12:30 at night at their mobile command unit that I loudly passed by. I wasn't really speeding either but I definitely got their attention. I got let go but I had already already arrived at the gas station. It was funny because I think he was going to just tail me until I made some drunken move so I don't think I was speeding I just was loud and caught their eye. Ahhh good times.

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
I got pulled over by some bored police checking to see if I was drunk. LOL the guy seemed disappointed when I told him I just got done with my delivery driving shift. He asked if I had been drinking and then had to say "ok obviously no drinking but mind if I check out your licence." I said "no, feel free." I have to say I noticed the guys were standing around in a group at 12:30 at night at their mobile command unit that I loudly passed by. I wasn't really speeding either but I definitely got their attention. I got let go but I had already already arrived at the gas station. It was funny because I think he was going to just tail me until I made some drunken move so I don't think I was speeding I just was loud and caught their eye. Ahhh good times.
just doing his job. i got pulled over a few weeks ago at 3am on my way home, i wasnt speeding but apparently i didnt signal to make a lane change so that was her excuse to pull me over. i would have been ticked if i would have gotten a ticket for no signal, she gave me a warning, but she was just doing her job to see if i was intoxicated. i dont mind that as long as it doesnt cause me to be late for something.

·
Super Moderator
11,877 Posts
Samuel Adams.

One of the few remaining true American Beers that's still brewed and owned by an American company run by an American and brewed exclusively in the USA in Boston and Cincinnati! :usa:
Cheers to Jim Koch and his great-great grandfather Louis Koch. :zbeer:

I do drink other beers but always seek out the local Micro-brews when I'm traveling.

I'll certainly have one for you Josh and all the other guys under GO1! Hang in there guys.

You guys can keep your trendy "Beer-of-the-day"; I scoff at Blue Moon with an orange slice - that's not just a lady's drink it's a bubbly headed blond college freshman trying to impress her sorority sisters drink. You do know there's a man law that clearly states "No Fruit in Beer."? The next thing you know they're going to stick a small umbrella in the glass and call it a Beertini.

And WTF is this Grey Goose with Red bull crap? This is a Beer thread. If you want to talk foo-foo drinks start your own thread.

:zsoapbox:

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts

Found this:

As pictured above, look for the pigeon feces and you'll find this old bird. As soon as you taste this swill, it will be obvious that its makers cut every corner possible in its production to make it cheap. Self-proclaimed as "The American Classic," Thuderbird is Vinted and bottled by E&J Gallo Winery, in in Modesto, CA. Disguised like Night Train, the label says that it is made by "Thunderbird, Ltd." If your taste buds are shot, and you need to get trashed with a quickness, then "T-bird" is the drink for you. Or, if you like to smell your hand after pumping gas, look no further than Thunderbird. As you drink on, the bird soars higher while you sink lower. The undisputed leader of the five in foulness of flavor, we highly discourage driking this ghastly mixture of unknown chemicals unless you really are a bum. A convenience store clerk in Show Low, AZ once told me that only the oldest of stumbling indian drunks from the reservation buy Thunderbird. Avaliable in 750 mL and a devastating 50 oz jug.

The history of Thunderbird is as interesting as the drunken effects the one experiences from the wine. When Prohibition ended, Ernest Gallo and his brothers Julio and Joe wanted to corner the young wine market. Earnest wanted the company to become "the Campbell Soup company of the wine industry" so he started selling Thunderbird in the ghettos around the country. Their radio adds featured a song that sang, "What's the word? / Thunderbird / How's it sold? / Good and cold / What's the jive? / Bird's alive / What's the price? / Thirty twice." It is said that Ernest once drove through a tough, inner city neighborhood and pulled over when he saw a bum. When Gallo rolled down his window and called out, "What's the word?" the immediate answer from the bum was, "Thunderbird."

WARNING: This light yellow liquid turns your lips and mouth black! A mysterious chemical reaction similar to disappearing-reappearing ink makes you look like you've been chewing on hearty clumps of charcoal.

Other Bum wines:

http://www.bumwine.com/

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gTDEpSYD25M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gTDEpSYD25M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
469 Posts
http://tccoa.com/drnuts/thunderbird.jpg

Found this:
The first time i got drunk i drank Thunderbird and a 40 of colt 45. Not by choice we were young and didn't have much money so this is all we could afford along with a 12 pack of natural light. I don't suggest Thunderbird im not a wine man my self but then again i don't consider this to be wine either. It will defiantly get you drunk in a short period of time tho and its the cheapest crap out there. How ever the taste and the price go hand in hand probably why they consider it the drink of the homeless and the reason they stopped selling it in major cities.

·
Registered
237 Posts
It'll getcha drunk!!!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Stone IPA (Indian Pale Ale) Stone Arrogant Bastard

·
Registered
32 Posts
Atwater block brewery (local detroit microbrewery)... " voodoo vater dopplebock" is the beer. This stuff should be illegal! its dark and sweet deliciousness oh yea and it is like 9.5- 10 in alchohl percentage! Four of them is all you need before your touching your girlfriends friends butts on "accident" JK! Cheers!:D

121 - 140 of 376 Posts