TCCoA Forums banner

181 - 200 of 819 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Black Gives Way to Blue is a pretty good CD.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SBcADQziQWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Super Moderator
16,773 Posts
Woah, Women in metal and no Girschool vids yet?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J_pcyOg6Aac?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Torinocator said:
Black Gives Way to Blue is a pretty good CD.
Cool tune. Yeah, I like that album too.

Still listen to tracks of "Dirt" all the time. Really good to hear something new from them after all these years.

As I'm sure you know AIC came out with a new album last year. "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here".

Here's a video of a track from that album.

XR7-4.6 said:
Woah, Women in metal and no Girschool vids yet?
Yeah, "Woah" is right. I haven't thought of them in years. Always liked their cover art. Gotta' love that boat tail Riv'. 455, oh yeah...

Their songs are a kick in the pants!

And now...here's Kittie...

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
In carolina today it was a

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/co6WMzDOh1o?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/co6WMzDOh1o?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Oh, that beat, that bass, those eyes...

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Cool tune. Yeah, I like that album too.

Still listen to tracks of "Dirt" all the time. Really good to hear something new from them after all these years.

As I'm sure you know AIC came out with a new album last year. "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here".

Here's a video of a track from that album.
Huge AIC fan here from way back! I got "Black gives way to Blue" the first day it came out. I also saw them twice in concert 2 months apart since I never saw them back in the day.

Now on to the new album, I have heard tracks on the radio, and I just can't get into it, and I don't own it. From what I have heard, all of the songs are just bland. Hate to say it, but unless they redeem that one with a great album, they are done.

Al

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
You guys need more Elvis in your life (I know, all my posts in this thread have been Elvis, thats because he's all I listen to! lol)

Heres a beautiful one written for him by his close friend Red West. One of my favorites by the King!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OgCAteSu-IU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Add a little Buddy Holly to the mix Rick! :)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Iph68vScVfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe

·
&#775;
3,702 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="315"src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ARN1NWvIgkc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RIP Davy Jones

Rayo..

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Add a little Buddy Holly to the mix Rick! :)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Iph68vScVfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe
Buddy Holly never clicked with me, like Elvis did, good song though.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Huge AIC fan here from way back! I got "Black gives way to Blue" the first day it came out. I also saw them twice in concert 2 months apart since I never saw them back in the day.

Now on to the new album, I have heard tracks on the radio, and I just can't get into it, and I don't own it. From what I have heard, all of the songs are just bland. Hate to say it, but unless they redeem that one with a great album, they are done.

Al

As a whole I think the latest AIC album is a departure from the classic AIC of the 90's. It is, yes, a bit boring. But, where BGWTB rather rode on the coat tails of past albums, which, from a market standpoint makes sense after such a long hiatus, do what you do best if you want a strong comeback, TDPDH may stand independent as to where the band stands now, and offer peeks at future doors as yet unopened.

And yet TDPDH gives us this contradictory to my opening sentences. Unmistakably: Alice is still in chains.

We can only hope that like Pink Floyd's "Animals" Alice In Chains also has their "...Wall".

I have no doubt Jerry Cantrell is capable of another masterpiece like "Man In The Box", and "Rooster". R.I.P. L. Staley. I'm sure, in some way, he must still be an inspiration to Cantrell

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
As a whole I think the latest AIC album is a departure from the classic AIC of the 90's. It is, yes, a bit boring. But, where BGWTB rather rode on the coat tails of past albums, which, from a market standpoint makes sense after such a long hiatus, do what you do best if you want a strong comeback, TDPDH may stand independent as to where the band stands now, and offer peeks at future doors as yet unopened.

I have no doubt Jerry Cantrell is capable of another masterpiece like "Man In The Box", and "Rooster". R.I.P. L. Staley. I'm sure, in some way, he must still be an inspiration to Cantrell
The inspiration for BGWTB was obviously Layne's death. It was a great album, "sludgy" but in a good way. Also, it was exciting to see them play the old songs live.

This latest album seems uninspired, and "sludgy" in a bad way. It just drones along with nothing ever happening. I watched both videos in this thread, hoping for a good song, but they are just dreadful.

I am going to have to watch the old "MTV Unplugged" DVD to purge any memory of those new songs from my system!

Al

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
On with the show

·
Registered
418 Posts
Volbeat!

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
weekly Elvis bump!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JtZbevWgb6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Back at ya Rick! :D

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/I4uUm2CMy1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

·
&#775;
3,702 Posts
One of the better versions of "Nessun Dorma" that I've heard.. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315"src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rTFUM4Uh_6Y?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rayo..

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Amazing version! I love that he added a dedicated bassist and back-up vocals.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CXBiYFoHsOg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Link to the full concert from their Fall 2013 US tour, for anyone interested.

How about some of their old videos?:)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PL72Tyxe1rc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ao-Sahfy7Hg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

181 - 200 of 819 Posts