TCCoA Forums banner

61 - 80 of 819 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm into orchestrated death metal and symphonic death metal. As a huge metal head for years, I can honestly say that there has not been a metal band come out in a long time as good as these guys. Full on orchestra, multiple vocalists (including female) and 8 string guitars.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KagTjbeqlxQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And if you're into drums like me listen to this one. At least half way through.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RzJdrW_-fb8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And if you like more raw 5 member death core. IMO no one does it better than these dudes, and again..........8 string guitars

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qCL7vGSlLpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rUdEpaILWOg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
About my favorite punk, cross-over thrash band.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
hhaha, I remember that....ALL I WANTED WAS A PEPSI...JUST ONE PEPSI...AND SHE WOULDN'T GIVE IT TO ME!!! :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
11,877 Posts
If you like Epic, Cinematic music like I do I think you'll like Ivan Torrent.

http://www.youtube.com/user/IvanTorrent

Here's a sample ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9NzlDUeS1U4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice :)
Thanks TM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GOAEIMx39-w?list=UUIcA_1j7WQ8VXyygM6qI-fw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

'Fill my heart' by Two steps from Hell.

The world outside my window- time lapses of earth from the ISS
Video edited by David Peterson
Images by NASA

·
Super Moderator
11,877 Posts
Yea, I'm a big Two Steps fan here!

I liked the sequel with 'Freedom Fighters' even better than the first video. Now that's some amazing timelapse ISS video!

Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
16,773 Posts
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sqMEopDdJhw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seems appropriate since I now have a white Flying V and a quilt top Bich Like James and Dave...

:D

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
If you have a real subwoofer, listen to that bass line when it kicks in....:eek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NVTRcoOVcvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Excellent tune-edge everyone. Forever ingrained upon my playlist mind. :D

No doubt we've all heard this song a million times, but I thought some may not have seen this live performance, performed back in 1993. Pretty good audio quality for a yt video.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
As if this thread needs more haunting brutality, this is especially for A. Baker and Guitar Maestro. lol

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-BJqlcNX9dE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Super Moderator
7,480 Posts
Great stuff! I got to see them live a couple years ago. If you like them, might want to check out infectious grooves. It is psycho miko's band that he formed after suicidal tendencies.

Here's what last played on the drive into work this morning

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'll have to give Infectious Groove some play time. Thanks for the heads up!

Today I thought I'd post some seldom heard AC/DC.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
For my contribution today I offer Savatage. The late Jon Oliva was, imo, in the top three best heavy metal lead singers of all time. Those three are something like: #3. Oliva; #2. Rob Halford; and #1. Ozzy.

Born and breed in the U.S. of A. these guys are pure metal at it's finest. Unlike a lot of 80's metal bands, many of the tracks from Savatage do not sound quite so dated, but still RoCK oN hard, tight, shredding, fresh, with no excuses from Oliva's wicked voice from 30 years ago.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
For my contribution today I offer Savatage. The late Jon Oliva was, imo, in the top three best heavy metal lead singers of all time.
"Late" Jon Oliva? I think you must mean guitarist Criss Oliva? I was lucky enough to see Savatage on their Gutter Ballet tour.....shortly before Criss' death. :bawling: RIP Criss Oliva.
Jon helped founded and has been collaborating with Trans Siberian Orchestra since then. Their famous "Christmas Eve Sarajevo 12/24" first appeared on the Savatage album "Dead Winter Dead".

But right now I have Siouxie and the Banshees on. I do like variety! I've always loved her work, even though back then when I first heard her I was growing up as the hard rock/heavy/thrash/death metal disciple of sorts. lol Her "Peepshow" album is actually one of my all time favorite albums.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mN2UosfpqYA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Still on with Siouxie Sioux. A really good pair of headphones (studio type) are nearly a must-have for this track and played at a "comfortably" loud level...it takes my breath away.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Avuw--yw_p4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Super Moderator
11,877 Posts
Any Drum Corps fans out there?

This is Carolina Crown - The home town corps from right here in Charlotte! :headbang:

They won Drum Corps International (DCI) last year. :thumbsup:

Listen to this horn line and you'll hear why they won!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WyY99MOKaPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QTOKnYNI3tU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
94ThunderbirdXX said:
"Late" Jon Oliva?

Man, that post I wrote the other day is really a mess, isn't it...

Jon Oliva is alive and well, and was the lead guitarist for Savatage. Zak Stevens was lead vocals, and is now in a band called "Circle II Circle".

Thanks for bringing the need for corrections to my attention.

For today one of my favorite guitarist, and at the top of the list of thee greatest rock guitarist of all time.

61 - 80 of 819 Posts