901 - 920 of 922 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,018 Posts

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,325 Posts
All the early pioneers are gone, I think the only one left is Jerry Lee Lewis! 😟

Joe

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,846 Posts
RIP Little Richard, one of the most important people in music. Unfortunately this is what is stuck in my head to him send off lol

All the early pioneers are gone, I think the only one left is Jerry Lee Lewis! 😟

Joe
I remember thinking when Chuck Berry passed away a few years ago how weird it must have been for these guys basically inventing this genre of music, seeing band after band to follow their footsteps, witnessing the several decades long evolution and emerging subgenres of it, seeing the commercial heights and decadence and tragedy, and even the eventual fall of it from popular music spectrum within their lifetimes.

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
RIP Richard.

‘Here’s some new Evanescence that I just discovered. I’m so excited they have a new album coming out! Amy’s voice is as strong and pure as ever. It’s so good to hear them making music again after so long. On this song, they made the video while in isolation and pieced it together via FaceTime. It’s an amazing representation of where we’re at today.

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
Wow! Roll over Beethoven. Now, that's one I haven't heard in forever!

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
I merged this thread with an older "Listening to" thread and fixed the links from post 821 to the most recent post. I also deleted posted videos that have - unfortunately - been removed from YT.

Hopefully this will breath some new life into this great thread. There's a lot of great music shared here! I was really enjoying listening to it again.

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
Looking forward to checking these out on my new car stereo.

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
Reactions: Wile E. Coyote Jr.

·
Super Moderator
11,018 Posts
I would recommend avoiding all these, and a lot of stuff that sounds like these songs.

These are the tunes where I realize things like:

• Yes that was 4th gear at 4500rpm
  • I'm sliding sideways, but there's a reverse back to the left as we go over the top of this hill; Do I feel Lucky, Punk?
  • How common is Oncoming traffic in this area?
  • Hmmm; If the differential speed is over 300 MPH, maybe the Troopers Radar Can't lock...
  • You press on the Throttle a bit more to make a gap in traffic, and you realize you are at the ballistic limit of HP vs. Drag. < This would be really bad in your case, TM. :)

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
Speaking of Rob Zombie ... Dragula was always one of my favorites. Great stuff there. Yeah, it will get you into trouble if you're driving and listening to this.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,325 Posts
Happy Birthday Ringo, 80 years young! 🥁

Joe

·
Super Moderator
5,235 Posts
Tubular Bells.

RwP

·
Registered
639 Posts

Mixed up a sangria and listened to this and a few other earlier.

Trying to change my energy and I figured to start with my music. Dont get me wrong, I still love listening to 90s-early 2000s rap, but I can feel how my mood changes with what I listen to

901 - 920 of 922 Posts