TCCoA Forums banner

141 - 160 of 819 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #141 (Edited)
In the next few nights I'll be dedicating some music videos to strength members of club. Music that I hope will be met with approval by the recipient, and/or heralds a certain dynamic quality of that club member. I assure the reader that my picks will be chosen with respect, and yet may include some attempts at levity.

And so, without further ado...

My first dedication goes out to the guitar maestro who shared with us two of greats: Satriani and Malmsteen. And, if I may be so bold, I would like to add another name to that very short list.
Yup Steve is awesome. Passion and Warfare is up there in my all-time favorite albums!

Right now I'm listening to ex-Emperor frontman Ihsahn

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eINd5oQTcU4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
guitar meastro said:
Yup Steve is awesome. Passion and Warfare is up there in my all-time favorite albums!

Right now I'm listening to ex-Emperor frontman Ihsahn

I'm so glad you like what I picked for you. Steve Vai is awesome, and I think is sometimes overlooked by guitar aficionados. But, I had no doubt you knew of him. Thanks for the reply. It does mean something to me.

I just listened to Ihsahn, and WOW, what a contrast! Hard core vocals, and dark guitar(s), but then this sax comes in to play, and I'm like this is very unique. I've never heard any of Emperor, nor Ihsahn, but that is soon to change. (Especially since a play some sax.) I love musicians who think outside the box.

I have no idea what to post after hearing that, lol...

Signed...
Stunned.

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Here's to the birthday boy, he would have been 71 today! :angel2:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GwmVfewqu7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe

·
&#775;
3,702 Posts
Nice choice Joe.. ;)

My favorite Beatle..How ironic..I'm listening to The Beatles right now too..

<iframe width="560" height="315"src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jwgtf0Zo-Ck?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rayo..

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
One of my favorites, they'll be playing that song at my funeral! :D

It kind of says it all.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
10,330 Posts
This is cool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6BgaLJvTtTI?list=PLykzf464sU98oQTXKDETkEH9hVhwH-wOD" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
I'm so glad you like what I picked for you. Steve Vai is awesome, and I think is sometimes overlooked by guitar aficionados. But, I had no doubt you knew of him. Thanks for the reply. It does mean something to me.

I just listened to Ihsahn, and WOW, what a contrast! Hard core vocals, and dark guitar(s), but then this sax comes in to play, and I'm like this is very unique. I've never heard any of Emperor, nor Ihsahn, but that is soon to change. (Especially since a play some sax.) I love musicians who think outside the box.

I have no idea what to post after hearing that, lol...

Signed...
Stunned.
Emperor was one of the more prolific black metal bands of the mid/late 90's/early 2000's. The lead singer/songwriter Ihsahn went his own way and has releases a few of his own solo albums now that Emperor is no longer a band. He is regarded a very talented musician/songwriter, largely the reason Emperor was so successful.

I have one of his albums "Angl", which is very black metal oriented, and I just ordered the one that contains this song "On the shores" from Amazon, "After". It is more of a progressive metal album. An amazing song, if I do say so myself.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sPWuBWzIrRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
Pentatonix and Lindsey Stirling.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aE2GCa-_nyU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RwP

·
Super Moderator
16,773 Posts
I don't know how I never heard this early Van Halen demo track before, but it ****ing rocks!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bLPVPn0OcKo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Pink Floyd anyone? :)

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VDH7JqF_EFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Sure Joe, Here's one not heard to much ;)
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/eER7ppOcViI?hl=en_US&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/eER7ppOcViI?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

·
pendejo
430 Posts
Sure, I love Pink Floyd, I just hate hearing it on the radio, I only listen to the radio in the car and it's just not good driving music.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
I posted a bunch of Pink Floyd a while back. Good choices guys.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
My intro to Ihsahn came with his "Eremita" album, and I was really blown away with the textures. Definitely a top 10 fave album for me now.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6cN91vPDLq0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But right now:
Can't...Stop.....The......PainKilllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr!!!!:headbang:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nM__lPTWThU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Emperor was one of the more prolific black metal bands of the mid/late 90's/early 2000's. The lead singer/songwriter Ihsahn went his own way and has releases a few of his own solo albums now that Emperor is no longer a band. He is regarded a very talented musician/songwriter, largely the reason Emperor was so successful.

I have one of his albums "Angl", which is very black metal oriented, and I just ordered the one that contains this song "On the shores" from Amazon, "After". It is more of a progressive metal album. An amazing song, if I do say so myself
Very nice. I enjoyed listen to that very much. Never thought, back in the day, I'd listen to Maiden in such a way, lol.

I thoroughly like hearing my old favorites done acoustically. I mean I've heard them so many times it's cool to hear them yet again in such a way.

Here's one.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mLbOBoa8vD8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

best version of this song imo

·
3,734 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gUqZ8lXW8QU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Always a good listen.

·
3,734 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Been a few nights since I've dedicated any song to club member.

I actually have more than one for this particular individual. Plus, a little something extra that I hope I can sneak in. A video of a gentleman with real class.

Can you guess which TCCoA personality?

141 - 160 of 819 Posts