TCCoA Forums banner

161 - 180 of 819 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #161 (Edited)
My intro to Ihsahn came with his "Eremita" album, and I was really blown away with the textures. Definitely a top 10 fave album for me now.

But right now:
Can't...Stop.....The......PainKilllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr!!!!:headbang:

I just received my copy of "After" by Ihsahn, and it is a great album. Very nicely produced. Sounds great if you have a good speaker system. I think I will order Eremita next on amazon.

...and Painkiller.....what's not to say about the Painkilllaaahhhh! lol....The drum intro is still badarse after all these years. I'm running one of my Cerwin Vega Stroker 15's in a 5 ft³ ported box in my house, and the drums sound killer on it at full blast. :D

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
No dedications to strength members' list would be complete without at least a couple of tunes for Matt.

This one came to mind too.

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Dion! :)

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2hNLDigNVB8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And some Steve Miller Band! :D

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8np54vddgu4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
guitar maestro said:
I'm running one of my Cerwin Vega Stroker 15's in a 5 ft³ ported box in my house, and the drums sound killer on it at full blast.

Man, I'll bet you really move some air with that! I've seen pics of your speakers on other threads, and was blow away. I wouldn't be surprised to learn you have an upgraded service drop to your house to not cause brown outs!

When I'm on a roll while playing tunes I often break up the playlist by adding sound effects.
Even on occasion some low, low frequency sound from techno groups like Meat Beat Manifesto, or short bursts of dubstep to keep my interest.

·
&#775;
3,702 Posts
<iframe width="560" height="315"src="//www.youtube.com/embed/js5YVzVUkXE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rayo..

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That's a nice piece Rayo. I attempt to play such, but really have only made note worthy mention of my talent playing the Recorder.

For those who may not be familiar with the Recorder here is a very good example of the instrument.

Rayo, some time ago I found this rendition of a favorite song, and play it often. Thought you might like it too. I particularly enjoy it...well...loud!

·
&#775;
3,702 Posts
That's a nice piece Rayo. I attempt to play such, but really have only made note worthy mention of my talent playing the Recorder.

Thanks..You should know the instrument being played in "The Lonley Sheperd" is actually a Pan Flute..

You may recognize it from greek mythology..The greek god Pan..A satyr would often be depicted playing this instrument..

Rayo..

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yes, the pan flute. I attempt to play such, but I'm really only any good at the recorder.

I bought a pan flute some time ago thinking because of its similarity to the harmonica I'd pick it up easy. And, although it is mechanically a simple instrument, one must embrace the spirit of each note in order to fully appreciate its whole beauty. I find the recorder, and especially the harmonica, a little more rock, and a little more roll, so I haven't really devoted a lot of time to the melodic pan flute. It does have a certain unmistakable soothing quality tho'.

Speaking of the harmonica...
Here is a performance that is absolutely legen.....wait for it...........dary.

·
&#775;
3,702 Posts
I know..Today is Monday.. :D

<iframe width="560" height="315"src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8KsarwupWsU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rayo..

·
Super Moderator
16,766 Posts
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1NJ0KkmwgEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was driving to this with the windows down in todays lovely weather. Unfortunately I think the hot chick in the Scion next to me heard me scream along MEDUSAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
7,479 Posts
This was the last song to play on the way to work this morning, now it is stuck in my head.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gO4VAxbzfQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Dont listen to a whole bunch of country:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8AEk_UMFlQk?list=AL94UKMTqg-9DXk3F_i3IdUNrArl1MQH1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lMx__6Zc3S0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uw1bHaUk1CM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Another one from Cream.

This drum solo is epic.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Another one from Cream.

This drum solo is epic.
you wanna see crazy? I'll show you crazy!! :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6DVbt5W-DNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That drummer is hilarious. His good. Such the style.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
ROCK ON!

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Speaking of hot women in metal, Maria Brink...hottest woman in metal for like the last 4 or 5 years :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GurkREc-q4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
And Angela makes 3...
Metal maidens unite!

161 - 180 of 819 Posts