TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured this was as good a time as ever to start a companion to our listening thread.

Same concept applies, post up links to whatever you’re watching or recently watched, TV, movie, documentary, YouTube created content, whatever. Obviously it’s a little hard to put up full length shows or movies so just substitute them with trailers or clips.

I just watched this

It was alright.

If anyone wondered what my avatar is I got it from this I watched recently

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,325 Posts
Watched this on demand last night.

Joe

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,821 Posts
The little time I do have anymore we enjoy the marvel comic movies , About feel this way anymore ;)

Reactions: Grog6

·
Super Moderator
11,018 Posts
I have the Vincent Price version of Omega Man; I guess I missed the CH version. :zdunno:

I watched a bunch of the BSG marathon; there were a bunch of shows I'd missed.

·
Super Moderator
11,018 Posts
The little time I do have anymore we enjoy the marvel comic movies , About feel this way anymore ;)
The one I really loved was Hulk / Loki:

I looked thru my collections, and I can be watching video for a month on the one storage array alone.
ST:TOS, ST: Voyager, ST:Enterprise, ST:movies, BSG, Stargate, with movies, Stargate Atlantis, Our Man Flint Collection, Matt Helm Collection, UFO, Space:1999, The Prisoner, Dr. Phibes, A bunch of marvel movies, and a whole shitload of old, really bad Sci Fi movies.

:)

·
Super Moderator
5,235 Posts
The one I really loved was Hulk / Loki:

I looked thru my collections, and I can be watching video for a month on the one storage array alone.
ST:TOS, ST: Voyager, ST:Enterprise, ST:movies, BSG, Stargate, with movies, Stargate Atlantis, Our Man Flint Collection, Matt Helm Collection, UFO, Space:1999, The Prisoner, Dr. Phibes, A bunch of marvel movies, and a whole shitload of old, really bad Sci Fi movies.

quirks eyebrow Interesting.

I loved Our Man Flint/In Like Flint.

Matt Helm, what I've seen, I've liked. Need to catch it sometimes; there's several on Prime Video.

The Prisoner is not something I can binge watch, it makes my head hurt at times. But that's good; means I was paying attention 😁

Dr. Phibes! "Where do you think we are?" "I don't think, I KNOW!" "I don't think you know either, but where do you think?" :LOL:

I'm a big fan of bad SciFi movies personally.

Stargate and SG:A were fave series of mine. LOVED Richard Dean Anderson in that. (True story. In the pilot, as RDA was walking down a hallway, there were two workmen working on something in it. They had no official lines, but as RDA walks by, one says, "Well, that's it. We'll have to MacGuyver something." RDA somehow managed to keep a straight face and insisted on that being in the final cut.)

Also was my intro to Jason Momoa, or King Arthur, Aquaman.

I think the two of us would like most of our choices in movies.

Two in particular I try to catch every time I can - "Destination:Moon" and "When Worlds Collide". The latter was quite at variance with the book, especially the ending. But overall a good movie. The former - well, what can you say about a movie that guest stars Woody Woodpecker? :ROFLMAO:

RwP

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
Started "For All Mankind" today. It looks pretty good.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
The Charlton Heston version is fun terrible schlock like most of his sci-fi movies. I love it! Growing up with MST3K gave me a great tolerance for such things 🙂
I love the scene in the original Planet of the Apes where Mr NRA is smoking a cigar while in the spaceship as an astronaut, doesn't know what to do with his stogie at the end of the scene, so he just shoves it into a pocket on his shoulder sleeve.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
The last two weeks I've been finishing up two series:
Westworld and Homeland.

Westworld is definitely interesting and pretty cinematic for SciFi. It has evolved from a "hey check out this weird world" into a classic show about an insurgency.

Homeland is a bit less believable (if that can make any sense) as noone, US Govt or foreign, would trust this crazy lady after her history of mental breaks and poor decision making after 8 seasons of twists and turns. The series JUST ended last Sunday and I have one episode left.

Life a ton of other people, my wife and I are watching Tiger King. I don't dislike cats but this show certainly hasn't helped my opinion of cat people (big or small) at all.

·
Super Moderator
11,018 Posts
Hey now, I'm owned by a Cat!

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,325 Posts

Joe

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Super Moderator
12,907 Posts
Damn that's funny Joe. People are so creative! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Star Wars: Clone Wars is what I just finished watching. Actually, I'm on a quest to watch all Star Wars movies and TV shows and Clone Wars is what I just finished watching.

I didn't want to just jump straight into S7 so I began at S1 and worked my way up. It took me about 2 months to get through it all, and I'm glad I did. There were a few references that I would have missed had I not re-watched the previous seasons. S7 also ties together EPIII perfectly.

IMO, it's worth watching.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Just finished watching Rise of Skywalker for the first time. Because there were so many bad reviews and whatnot, I had low expectations. Because I had low expectations, I felt it was better than expected, lol.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
We recently watched "Star Trek: Picard" and seasons 1 & 2 of "Star Trek: Discovery". Both had interesting story lines and characters (some well known, others new). I'm a life-long Trekker, so I was probably going to watch no matter what, but both series were well made and worth the time.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
If you like the low brow but if you like the surprisingly well thought out and continuous world of "Rick and Morty" (I forget the right word -- but the show's universe continues between episodes and events in previous episodes continue to affect the events of future episodes) you should check out the creators new series Solar Opposites. Available on Hulu.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Saw John Saxon died today, RIP. That guy was in tons of stuff, my personal favorites being B movies, including one about bees. Made me think of this one I saw last summer:

It’s borderline terrible, but excellent if you like muscle cars - 70 Challenger street machine, 69 Boss 302, 70 Roadrunner heavily featured in car chases -, explosions and Marsha Brady drinking moonshine. I’m fairly certain the Dukes of Hazzard lifted the premise and basic setting of this movie for the show and watered down the death and violence(boo)

Oh and the main protagonists are tough females, in 1978 - so suck it woke Hollywood 😉

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
My kid has been watching this guy. It's simply a dude, apparently an RN who decided on a career change to give himself more flexibility, who films himself removing hornet nests.
A basic episode is 40-50 min, very ASMR like, of him finding a nest, removing it, relocating it (crazy but true) to his property when possible, removing the larvae for those nests which aren't salvagable, and feeding it to his chickens.
I think he has 150+ episodes. It's bizarre and fascinating at the same time

I recently finished up the second season of Hanna. Not a bad show made with a pretty good production values and acting quality. Story is interesting and loosely follows the plot of a 2011 movie

1 - 20 of 30 Posts