TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Saw John Saxon died today, RIP. That guy was in tons of stuff, my personal favorites being B movies, including one about bees. Made me think of this one I saw last summer:

View attachment 38972

It’s borderline terrible, but excellent if you like muscle cars - 70 Challenger street machine, 69 Boss 302, 70 Roadrunner heavily featured in car chases -, explosions and Marsha Brady drinking moonshine. I’m fairly certain the Dukes of Hazzard lifted the premise and basic setting of this movie for the show and watered down the death and violence(boo)

Oh and the main protagonists are tough females, in 1978 - so suck it woke Hollywood 😉
I was unaware of this movie, but watched it today and enjoyed it. One minor detail: did anybody else notice that the green 1970 Plymouth Satellite (it wasn't a RoadRunner) had hub caps on the passenger side and Magnum 500 style wheels on the driver's side? I saw the two sides in different scenes, so maybe all four got changed at some point?

Reactions: XR7-4.6

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah I think I remember the hubcap/Mag 500 mismatch, IIRC it switched from being driven by John Saxon earlier in the movie to the antagonist pursuing him and one of the girls later with no real explanation, and I wonder if they just switched wheels around to make it look like a different car? Maybe they tried to film the good guy scenes from the right, and the bad guy scenes from the left? That’s why I prefaced it with borderline terrible, overlook the clunky B movie elements like that and it’s pretty fun. 🙂

I’m pretty sure it actually is a Roadrunner, since it’s got the bulged hood(non air grabber) rather than the Satellite flat hood. They could have cloned it from a Satellite sport but it probably wasn’t hard to find a cheap Roadrunner back when it was filmed, the I mean the Boss 302 was legit and that was a much rarer car.

Edit, in trying to find that screenshot I found another one with the hood up during the scene the sheriff was searching it, and you can clearly see the car was originally red or maybe orange and repainted lime, both the hood and the engine compartment match so it’s pretty likely the power bulge hood came with that car originally.

·
Registered
603 Posts
This is the closest I can get to posting a clip.
In reality its not the same show at all. The one Im watching is called "The Silent Wrecks of Kwajalein Atoll" and its on Amazon video.

I really like learning about WWII air and sea warfare. And seeing the wrecks of the battles is mesmerizing. One of these days Ill get a diving license and training to visit a few myself.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts

Just finished watching that with the wife. Definitely a great movie to watch.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Glad you enjoyed it! Yeah I think I remember the hubcap/Mag 500 mismatch, IIRC it switched from being driven by John Saxon earlier in the movie to the antagonist pursuing him and one of the girls later with no real explanation, and I wonder if they just switched wheels around to make it look like a different car? Maybe they tried to film the good guy scenes from the right, and the bad guy scenes from the left? That’s why I prefaced it with borderline terrible, overlook the clunky B movie elements like that and it’s pretty fun. 🙂

I’m pretty sure it actually is a Roadrunner, since it’s got the bulged hood(non air grabber) rather than the Satellite flat hood. They could have cloned it from a Satellite sport but it probably wasn’t hard to find a cheap Roadrunner back when it was filmed, the I mean the Boss 302 was legit and that was a much rarer car.

View attachment 38988

Edit, in trying to find that screenshot I found another one with the hood up during the scene the sheriff was searching it, and you can clearly see the car was originally red or maybe orange and repainted lime, both the hood and the engine compartment match so it’s pretty likely the power bulge hood came with that car originally.

View attachment 38987
Good points. Both the hood and the front grille are RoadRunner clues. I was confused by the lack of emblems, but maybe they were taken off for the repaint.

·
Registered
603 Posts

Again watching on Amazon video. They have every episode of Battle 360.
I remember watching these same episodes when I was a child, like 8 or 9, but obviously at that age not alot of info sticks. So Im going over it again.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Currently watching an Anime Manga called Parasyte. Pretty cool stuff. Then again, I like these sort of animes.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts