TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.deviantart.com/view/11454716/

Be prepared, the images are real. I did shed tears when I saw this. I don't think you could watch it without some form of sorrow for the way we are to these animals.

I strongly believe in Eye 4 and Eye when it comes to punishing those who abuse animals. It sounds stupid, but watch the video to see what I mean.

Discuss.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Okay, first off, I'm not gonna rant so I'll take a deep breath....Okay. Pitbuls may be 4th from the last to bite a person, (I find this hard to believe :rolleyes: but lets just say I'll take your word for it) and Labs and cockers may be more prone to bite a person BUT, when a pitbul does attack, it will keep attacking the person until the person is dead, or severely torn up. A cocker may bite a person cause it's in a bad mood....A cocker has never killed a person. A lab may be more prone to bite but, even if it is, it as the cocker, will not keep attacking the victim until the person is dead. You just dont get it do you? LOOK at a pitbul, look how it is built, and shaped. It is muscular...solid as a rock....why?? because they are bred to fight! Just as a St Bernard is big, very furry with a thick undercoat because they were bred for emergency purposes in cold, mountanous areas. I work with dogs everyday, i have seen probably every breed and I have worked with just about every breed. Remember, I'm in the Baltimore area, so many of the people who own pitbuls are "inner-city trash" Therefore most of the Pitbuls i see of course will be bad. Now, I have also seen pitbuls that belong to wealthy, nice families, and they too are pitbuls, which are troublesome. Not all but most. I'll tell you right now, Pitbuls are a breed, which were bred to fight & kill. No matter how many dog bites occur everyday, the bites caused by pitbuls are the most deadly because the pitbul won't let up. I've NEVER been bitten or attacked by a Pitbul. I have been bit by several Shihzu's, Lhasa Apsos, Cockers, Bichons Frises, etc. However when one of those dogs has bit me, I simply put peroxide on it, slap on a bandade and call it a day. Does that mean these breeds are more dangerous than a Pitbul just because they do bite more?? I don't think so. Of the breeds I've mentioned, never has one of them killed a person or put a person in a hospital for serious wounds, but Pitbuls sure have. The statistics are very stupid if you ask me, and frankly, people just need to accept the fact that the Pitbul was bred for fighting and no matter how nice one may seem, it is in their blood to kill!! I would also like to mention that people who do abuse animals SHOULD pay more serious consequences.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point; however, I still think a lot of it deals with how we as people treat them..

But like I said good point. Kind of hard to read your post though.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Another thing...and I really don't mean to bash but I gotta say it...
I don't necessarily appreciate the IM'ing of this subject to my Yahoo Messenger account. I know it's a free country and you are voicing your push for this cause (of which I do not have a real strong opinion...), but lets keep it civil. I want to be open to any of the TCCoA members that wanna look me up and chat, but I think it's a bit rude and zealous to send IM's. I'm assuming that you sent a mass message out to lots of people. Please, do us a favor and keep to posting like this.
Now, I understand that lots of people have had their lives changed by Pit Bulls, whether it be by violence, by business (breeding them for profit), or by having one as a loving pet, but this issue is so polarized in the media that the best way to fight this is to just do what you can in your own circle. Getting up into everyone's chili ain't gonna get much done, quite honestly. This is a very political battle with the news agencies constantly "spinning" the facts. I don't own Pits and I won't because they are too big and strong for my kids. They can hurt them even though they don't mean to. Other than that, I don't care. Those who have "potentially" violent dogs and....here's the key...don't raise them right (just like our kids, but don't get me started on that!!) are bound to pay the price.
JMHO

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Grasshopper said:
Another thing...and I really don't mean to bash but I gotta say it...
I don't necessarily appreciate the IM'ing of this subject to my Yahoo Messenger account. I know it's a free country and you are voicing your push for this cause (of which I do not have a real strong opinion...), but lets keep it civil. I want to be open to any of the TCCoA members that wanna look me up and chat, but I think it's a bit rude and zealous to send IM's. I'm assuming that you sent a mass message out to lots of people. Please, do us a favor and keep to posting like this.
Now, I understand that lots of people have had their lives changed by Pit Bulls, whether it be by violence, by business (breeding them for profit), or by having one as a loving pet, but this issue is so polarized in the media that the best way to fight this is to just do what you can in your own circle. Getting up into everyone's chili ain't gonna get much done, quite honestly. This is a very political battle with the news agencies constantly "spinning" the facts. I don't own Pits and I won't because they are too big and strong for my kids. They can hurt them even though they don't mean to. Other than that, I don't care. Those who have "potentially" violent dogs and....here's the key...don't raise them right (just like our kids, but don't get me started on that!!) are bound to pay the price.
JMHO
It was sent to all on my list. I apologize about that, I didn't say it was a funny thing or a joke, if I did I know the reception would be different.

If I would of known it would of been taken as a violation of privacy I wouldn't of done it like that at all. I am on Yahoo maybe once every 2 weeks.

EDIT: I would also like to add, that we all have a choice, I believe I gave some form of warning about what was sent. You like the others had a choice of clicking that link or closing it. My ex g/f chose to watch a movie instead, so she chose not to. I close fowards in my email account everyday, and some are from friends I have known for years.

The same as this post. You chose to click it and respond, as to listen to what I had to say (which I do appreciate mind you :) ). Just some food for thought. I also feel like that not everything is being said that is wanted to.. So be honest please.

John

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
what the world doesnt seem to understand is dogs have feelings and behaviors to. Piss off a person what do they do? Punch you in the face. What does a dog do? It bites. The world has a wrong way of dealing with things these days. If the dog bites someone, smack it in the *** and say no, dont shoot it. Its the humans fault for ever getting bit simple as that. If I were to run up to a random dog and pet it id expect a 50/50 chance of getting bite. If a random guy ran of to you out of no where and starting touching you im sure youd break his face in. People have become wussies, let a dog bite me, I get stitches whoop de do, have the owner pay for the bills and leave it at that. I wont hate the dog or the owners.

If a dog randomly went up to someone and killed em, ya kill the dog. If the person ran up to the dog and caused it to bite em, leave the dog alone and arrest the person for assualt or something, cause thats what would happen if it was person to person

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I've brought up the pit bull thing on the boards a few times and it always gets ugly and usually the threads get locked.

As for the video, it's been in my sig since before xmas. Very tough to watch if your a dog lover, especially a lover of bull breeds. The media has everything so scewed it's rediculous.

I don't own pits, but I do own an Olde English Bulldogge and you don't know how many times people have gone "oh my god, there's a pitbull over there! :eek: " and kept their kids away from my dog. My biggest problem with this is that my dog is more gentle with my 4 year old cousin then my parents 2 pugs. She just sits down in front of her (and is nearly as tall sitting as my cousin is standing) and lets her pet her and licks her hands. Such the baby killer :zdunno:

It's mostly in socializing a dog when it's young. If you lock it in a house and don't show it anything, it's going to be scared when it runs in to new situations and it won't know what to do. There are also mentally unstable dogs. Any good breeder will usually keep these dogs, place them with knowledgable owner, or have them put down. An unstable dog, just like a human, can be a very dangerous thing.

I brought my dog up pulling on her tail, pushing her around and pulling on her ears and face (obviously not hard, just a light tug) so if a little kid ran up and did that, she wouldn't turn around and take a bite out of them. She's now 2 and you can do pretty much anything to her with almost no reaction, exactly what I was looking to do.

Anyway, long live the bull breeds!

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
Cute dog crystal. I love english bulldogs and anybody who calls it a pitbul is severely screwed up in the head. Bulldogs are very friendly, I've never come across a problem with one BUT it is entirely different than a Pitbul. Maybe "pugs" are more likely to bite than a pitbul, but the pug might puncture your skin or scrape it. When a Pitbul bites, it bites to KILL.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
cool dude said:
When a Pitbul bites, it bites to KILL.
I think you missed the point chief.

Does anyone have a link to the aformentioned biting study. I would like to see how they conducted the study. Clearly there are more labs than pits and that would make them more likely to be seen as biters. I would like assurance that this was taken into account.

Any dog can be dangerous.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
people worrie about my shar peis being the same way . they are not. miller has been to my house chili bean is fine as long as you dont try touching her right away. she has to get used to you. but she is also defending her home.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't stomach seeing any animal mistreated, as some in this video obviously were. However, IMO, the makers of this video are incorrect to imply that violent pit bulls get that way by being trained. After every pit bull/human attack, the owner ALWAYS claims it was a gentle family dog. I'd bet most pit bulls that have attacked were NOT trained for fighting.

cool dude said:
Okay, first off, I'm not gonna rant so I'll take a deep breath....Okay. Pitbuls may be 4th from the last to bite a person, (I find this hard to believe :rolleyes: but lets just say I'll take your word for it) and Labs and cockers may be more prone to bite a person BUT, when a pitbul does attack, it will keep attacking the person until the person is dead, or severely torn up. A cocker may bite a person cause it's in a bad mood....A cocker has never killed a person. A lab may be more prone to bite but, even if it is, it as the cocker, will not keep attacking the victim until the person is dead. You just dont get it do you? LOOK at a pitbul, look how it is built, and shaped. It is muscular...solid as a rock....why?? because they are bred to fight!
Exactly. Comparing ordinary bites from the most numerous breeds to maulings from pit bulls is like comparing apples and oranges.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
MapleLeafMerc said:
I can't stomach seeing any animal mistreated, as some in this video obviously were. However, IMO, the makers of this video are incorrect to imply that violent pit bulls get that way by being trained. After every pit bull/human attack, the owner ALWAYS claims it was a gentle family dog.
DUH! :leftright

If you get pulled over and the cop thinks you were racing, do you tell him you were racing or do you tell him that you were driving normal like a good little doobie?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pitbulls Are a product of their OWNER If they are trained to be viscious and fight then they end up that way I have had 2 pitbulls in the past and they were excellent pets
Never worried about them at all with others

People often Jump to Conclusions about a PitBulls Demenor

The fact is if you treat a Pit like a PET they will behave liek a pet

ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
cool dude said:
Cute dog crystal. I love english bulldogs and anybody who calls it a pitbul is severely screwed up in the head.
I said Olde English for a reason, it's a different dog http://www.ioeba.net/

A real bulldogge unlike the poor english bulldogs we know today that have been overbred by the akc people...

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I know that so called "killer breeds" get a lot of bad press, but they are awesome pets if shown a lot of love, not mistreated, and the key word is DISCIPLINE!!!!!!!!! You can have a sweet big dog, but if he thinks he is in charge, he still has the potential to be deadly. I have seen dogs that no matter what, they have an aggressive side, usually stemming from being overprotective and under socialized. I own a "Killer Dog" right now, and he's the greatest pet I've ever had, I have 3 small children, that he loves like they are his, and is equally friendly with pretty much anyone who comes in the house. I have been denied houses because I own him, but I'd rather have him than any house, he's a part of the family, it's when they aren't a part of the family, that you have problems.

Killer Huh?

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
cool dude said:
A cocker has never killed a person.
Are you absolutly sure of this? I ask you this because I posted it before that a pomerian has killed a person.

·
Stroked and Blown
2,395 Posts
TGJ said:
Are you absolutly sure of this? I ask you this because I posted it before that a pomerian has killed a person.

Give me a friggin break. Yeah, you did post about a pom killing an infant......Even if it is true, how often does it happen?? Once in the history of mankind?? How many Pitbuls have killed people or attacked people. TGJ, whatever the hell your smokin, give me some please....if you honestly think a Pom is as dangerous as a Pitbul :rolleyes:

BTW TGJ, I'm a Dog/Cat Groomer and i work with dogs everyday. I have worked with every breed from Poms to Pitbuls. What is your profession again?
BTW, My company is Petsmart, so i see all kinds of different people and families come in. Where is it that you work?? I think I know a bit more about dogs than you do...Uhmkay??

·
Super Moderator
3,569 Posts
It's just seems like the so-called "advocates" for these dogs, who continue to assert that it's just a case of "good dog turned bad", are really failing to understand that it's not the dogs that are the problem. The also don't seem to understand that we, as a society, have to deal with this problem in some way. Since we can't seem to successfully modify the behavior of the people that do this to these dogs, we have to do something else.

The "advocates" also seem to lack the same logic as the abusers. Nobody ever seems to be able to see the other side.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The other side huh?

If a person is attacked by a dog, I want to know why. If the dog was completely unprovoked, they should test it for disease, find out if anything was wrong and put it down. Why test for disease? Because if it's not diseased, it's a temperment problem and it close relatives should be watched if they are trackable.

If the dog was provoked in some way, then you have to take in to consider what happened before you can decide the dogs fate. If somebody came up to my dog and kicked her and she bit them, I'd probably laugh at them and tell them they deserved it. If somebody came went after me, and my dog went after them, they deserve it. She's a dog, her job is to protect me, that's why I have her.

You can't say all pits are bad, and you can't say they're all good. I only get dogs from reputable breeders or rescue groups because they test for this stuff. I have a powerful dog, I know how to control her, so why should myself or my dog suffer for the stupidity of the general population?

·
Super Moderator
3,569 Posts
Crystal said:
The other side huh?

If a person is attacked by a dog, I want to know why. If the dog was completely unprovoked, they should test it for disease, find out if anything was wrong and put it down. Why test for disease? Because if it's not diseased, it's a temperment problem and it close relatives should be watched if they are trackable.

If the dog was provoked in some way, then you have to take in to consider what happened before you can decide the dogs fate. If somebody came up to my dog and kicked her and she bit them, I'd probably laugh at them and tell them they deserved it. If somebody came went after me, and my dog went after them, they deserve it. She's a dog, her job is to protect me, that's why I have her.

You can't say all pits are bad, and you can't say they're all good. I only get dogs from reputable breeders or rescue groups because they test for this stuff. I have a powerful dog, I know how to control her, so why should myself or my dog suffer for the stupidity of the general population?
You want to know why huh? Are you going to be the "National Pit Bull Incident Investigator"?

Be passionate about your concern for the dogs. Be persistant in your support.

But at least be intelligent. You are up against public opinion on the issue and you won't get anywhere by appearing to be so biased towards an animal that is obviously a problem where public safety is concerned.

Oh yeah, stop beating a dead horse on this forum. This thread needs to be moved to the Political Forum.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts