TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure a lot of the guys on this site are/were into comic books and superheros at one point in their life.
Punisher was always one of my favorites when I was younger. I was freakin' excited when I heard they were making it into a movie.
I went to see it last night and I, for the most part, loved it!
Anyone else see it? What are your reactions?

·
Formerly known as lfteyechicken
865 Posts
just saw it, excellent movie, my day was great today...No sleep, I look like a red lobster, but hey, you can't beat fun ford weekend with a stick...and I saw the movie, excellent job, I feel travolta did an excellent job as the bad guy here.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I loved the movie, there was only 1 thing I disliked about it. Punisher is supposed to be dark. I felt that the people who lived in his apartment were an un-needed comic relief. Also sometimes I was asking myself if some of the dialogue was needed.

Critics around here trashed the movie, I enjoyed it and think they did a good job.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, I havn't seen it yet, but it can't be any worse than the first train wreck of a movie that the first "Punisher" was.....

Jim

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
I thought the movie was awesome...as mdj said I found myself a few times asking if things were needed, and also I thought the ending was just a little bit much, with the cars exploding and forming the shape that they did.

All in all great movie though.

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I wasn't sure if he poured gasoline in that shape or what, but I thought it was kinda cool.
I thought there definitely wasn't enough violence and fighting. I just don't feel it lived up to the original Punisher in that way. He should've taken those people out himself rather than trick Travolta into doing it.
A lot of cool lines in this movie.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I enjoyed the movie , I have never read the comic but the movie was great. The ending could have been a little better. I thought John Trovolta was going to put up more of a fight than he did.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
I just saw it last night, definitely a good flick. I knew it was going to be a little corny, but I was glad it didn't take itself too seriously (the fight scene set to music in the apartment was terrific.) It did have some points of excess, but I think that's kind of what it was about... just a big, strong, movie with lots of crap blowin' up. Worked for me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts