TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, leave it to me to get myself into trouble. RNC consisted of myself, and a unseen, unknown partner. I am the front man, he did most of the work, but did not want to be recognized.

As some of you know, I've been having neck problems, have been in and out of the hospital, back and forth between working and being on bedrest for days at a time. My "partner" said he had things well in hand, and was taking care of business for me. After recieving a few emails lately about people not getting their parts, I started looking into what he was doing, making some phone calls, etc., since I'm on bedrest right now. Yesterday, I could not get hold of him all day, so I went to the shop this morning to see what the deal was. Bad News:

Most of my tools are gone, my MIG, pipe bender, chop saw, band saw, hand tools, were no there, the place was a disaster, and he was nowhere to be found. Most of my parts are gone, as well as the stockpile of steel I had. I have nothing anymore. I went to his apartment, and it is empty as well.

What makes it bad is that some of those parts were supposed to already have been shipped out to people, and now they are gone. I'm currently looking for replacements now for the people who I owe. I've located a few things, and I am going to ship them out as soon as possible. I'll be sending out emails to people who are going to be effected by this, but I promise that I will do everything that I can to make this right, and do it as fast as possible.

I'm sorry to everyone who this inconvenienced, and you have my word, as an honest man, that I WILL make everything good.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
sounds like you need some hunting dogs and a shotgun

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Lawton P.D. is on it, and I guess I'm not the only one who got taken, so it's grand larceny for sure, and it'll be taken care of. We all get what's coming to us some time.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
THAT SUCKS!! :beek:

Sorry to hear that you have to put up with that crap IN ADDITION to your health problems!!! :mad:

IMHO, I think the police should be notified. If you have the receipts for the stuff and it is now gone, then even though he was your partner, he still can't just take the stuff!

Good luck with everything! :thumbsup:

Edit: Uh, nevermind about the police... you posted as I typed. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, there's one thing in particular that is gone that makes me want to cry, the rest I can replace pretty easily.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Wow what a douche. Guess we should be looking for a large amount of stuff suddenly appearing on eBay from OK.

·
Registered
890 Posts
That really blows!!!!

Do you have any leads to follow for this low-life, like family, friends or other aquaintances? Do you think he left town, or just wanted to get rid of the stuff?

Did you have any paperwork drawn up between the two of you, or anything else that will help you legally?

I know you said the police are on it, but do you have anyone (or can you) who can do a little footwork of your own? Like checking pawnshops, other machine shops, places he might have gotten rid of the stuff? sometimes you can find out information faster/better than the police will do, but they can still act on it after you tell them.

Best of luck, and I hope your 'partner' gets what he deserves.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, there's only 2 machine shops in this town, and I am on very good terms with both of them, so they'll know. The pawn shops and performance shops have been notified, I had the serial numbers off of the big stuff.

I have confidence in the police here, they are the same guys who shot a guy because they took a cop's radio.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
I have confidence in the police here, they are the same guys who shot a guy because they took a cop's radio.
Farva comes to mind!

Hope everything turns up for ya!

·
8,239 Posts
jeez man I'm sorry to hear that rich. I hope you have insurance on this stuff. Keep an eye on ebay also, thats where my buddys stolen track bicycle ended up.

JH

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
:uppoint: hahaha such a funny movie.....
Meow I'm going to need you to stay on topic.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
Well, there's one thing in particular that is gone that makes me want to cry, the rest I can replace pretty easily.
Is it what I think it is?

In any case, say the word, and me and Al will lock and load and hit the road. :mad:

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, PG, I think you do know, it's big, shiney silver, and has the word Vortech on it. If anyone sees a T Trim for a 96-98 Cobra for sale on ebay, let me know.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
Well, Lawton P.D. is on it, and I guess I'm not the only one who got taken, so it's grand larceny for sure, and it'll be taken care of. We all get what's coming to us some time.
to quote another movie
"federal pound me in the @$$ prison"

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
Yeah, PG, I think you do know, it's big, shiney silver, and has the word Vortech on it. If anyone sees a T Trim for a 96-98 Cobra for sale on ebay, let me know.
Before or after we bid on it? :D j/k

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
Before or after we bid on it? :D j/k
Dude, that was cold!!! :beek:

But I was thinking the same thing... :leftright

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Sorry for your loss Rich. Get well soon.
best wishes,
Rob

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
My advice

Justice is the one thing you should always find
You got to saddle up your boys
You got to draw a hard line
When the gun smoke settles we’ll sing a victory tune
We’ll all meet back at the local saloon
We’ll raise up our glasses against evil forces