TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the magnaflow muffler 14385 it is a dual in dual out 1 1/4'' muffler. Im just trying to make sure I made the right decision before I take it to the shop. Would the 14386 2 1/2'' be a better choice, I could always return it.

Thanks
Will

·
Registered
175 Posts
Will3799 said:
I just purchased the magnaflow muffler 14385 it is a dual in dual out 1 1/4'' muffler....
well, if you got a DI-DO 1.25" muffler, i'd most definitely take it back... :eek:

now on the other hand, if it's 2.25" DI-DO :D , you should be fine, assuming you don't have a whole lot of mods and aren't making a lot of power....it will actually probably be better, as you won't lose as much back pressure and end up losing low end torque.

but i see that you did go with the stainless steel with the built-in X-Pipe, which is (IMO) a better way to go than aluminized...and if you can afford it, i'd go all stainless, tubing and all

one thing i've thought about doing is getting the 2.5" DI-DO and going 2.5" from the headers to the muffler (mid-mounted), then reducing it down to 2.25" after the muffler for mild mods, then later when i make more power, all i gotta do is have them cut off the reducers and weld up some 2.5" tubing the rest of the way back. that way, i won't have to spend as much money to go 2.5" all the way back later on.

anyone know if that is a feasible scenario?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 2.25" DI-DO. What diameter are the stock pipes from the engine to the headers? If I have then widened will they still work with my stock cats?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does everyone else think about this? Should I keep the muffler I have?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone, please?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and i also realized that my muffler does not have the internal xpipe, opinions?

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
yeah, that seems cool
are you replacing the whole exhaust or just the resonator?
if replacing the whole exhaust go with that one, if not go with a muffler that has 2.25 inner/outlet

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am replacing the whole system after the 2 cats. I was just worried that 2.5 was a little big. I plan on doing some bigger mods in the future but realistically they could come in a year or two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts