TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear in Washington state noone knows how to drive around this time of year every year. Got love tapped tonight scratched the rear bumper and left indent too. Everyone drives as if its perfect out not like itd 27 and icy almost every day there is a car in a ditch by my house and a few days ago I almost got tboned and rear ended. Ready for summer I am.

Luke

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
He who conquers winter conquers summer. Get out there and practice!:D

Yeah, we've got those people here too. A CRV kissed the back wheel of my SN95 so I went to have the alignment checked. Rear was fine, but one of the inner tie-rods needed replaced. Long story short I bit the bullet and got new inners and outers, plus a low mileage Cobra rack. This morning I saw a guy run a red light and stood on my brakes. No contact- whew! (and that was on dry clear roads...)

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Since there was a scratch (and noone was hurt), hopefully you were able to get the insurance information or shake down the liable driver for the love tap. If noone was injured, I usually ask them what their deductible is and work out a deal for half.

This could have funded your 1000HP ambitions.
-g

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Winters have been so mild for years that people forget. Plus, people just got things on their minds and don't notice the forest for the trees. When I paid more for a car then ever back in the early 80s and bought a 280ZX, I didn't have it a month and a lady slid across an icy parking lot and rear-ended me.

People don't think, so if you're driving in hazardous conditions, you need to be extra careful not only of your own driving, but everyone around you!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Winters have been so mild for years that people forget. Plus, people just got things on their minds and don't notice the forest for the trees. When I paid more for a car then ever back in the early 80s and bought a 280ZX, I didn't have it a month and a lady slid across an icy parking lot and rear-ended me.

People don't think, so if you're driving in hazardous conditions, you need to be extra careful not only of your own driving, but everyone around you!
I am very careful im kind of paranoid about going anywhere these days last night was the first time i left home since christmas and the guy begged me to not report it to my insurance and gave me 300 bucks..

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I am very careful im kind of paranoid about going anywhere these days last night was the first time i left home since christmas and the guy begged me to not report it to my insurance and gave me 300 bucks..
If he bent any sheet metal you got screwed.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is no bent sheet metal that Bill or I can fond and hes a professional body man that the family uses. I figured 300 is more then what id get if I reported it and the paints faded maybe I can cover it up somehow

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Saw this and thought of your post.:)

I drive as little as possible when it snows, except for work.
Got about 4ft of snow right before X-mas. That really sucked to deliver mail in, LLVs feel like death traps on dry roads.

·
Registered
454 Posts
That saturn turned the lights out on him.

·
Registered
58 Posts
He lights a smoke like nothing happened, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts