TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mark is coming along nicely as is the cougar -- but in regards to the mark, after I get a chip, the question is what next? (see sig for things done already)

Exhaust is definately an area of concern...but I really want to keep the mark somewhat quiet (it is a lincoln afterall :) ) -- I could use a driveshaft with the 3.73s in now (yep, know about the gp), maybe a set of 03 cobra rims.... I know I'm forgetting some stuff. Anyway, 'what next'??

I've considered doing some bling blings (polish the valve covers, intake) but meh, I want more useful things -- your ideas?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
You've done about all the "normal" things; so now get the checkbook out!! :thumbsup:

Here are my thoughts on what you haven’t done yet: a Cobra intake swap isn't really worth the expense on the Gen I's; the “C” (Tumble port) head swap isn't worth it either; a cam swap is just way too expensive since everything is times 4 (cams) or 32 (valves/springs, etc); P&P on the heads will help a lot, but you’re looking at a fair amount of downtime (unless you buy spare DOHC heads)

The only reasonable thing might be some good headers and improved exhaust. That would be "reasonable" but give you some decent power and let that 4V breathe. But you’re talking about an installation nightmare if you don’t pull the engine.

IMO the only thing that is left would be boost or nitrous. If money weren’t an object, I’d recommend a Vortech supercharger. I think that would give you the best bang for the buck, but not knowing your mileage…. :eek:

I’ll be interested in other people’s opinions. (Also, what are you running in the ¼ with the Mark?)

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
I’ll be interested in other people’s opinions. (Also, what are you running in the ¼ with the Mark?)
NO clue yet. We're expecting high-mid 14s at this elevation (about 1000ft).

My friend who's a car nutcase (68 cougar, 429, double pumper holley 750cfm, 3.7 gears, C6 trans with a shift kit, headers, short exhaust and a suspension upgrade, over 450hp, somewhat stripped interior) thinks the mark will outrun my cougar.

I'll probably end up doing a full exhaust, headers to tips

oh and the cougar has taken a few checks out ...ever seen that car domain page of mine?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts