TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a slight coolant leak and it seemed to be coming from the t-stat and there was coolant in the ridges with the plugs. We just replaced the thermostat and o-ring without flushing the system. We pulled off the upper hose, let the coolant leak out, replaced the t-stat, put o-ring on top and torqued it under 20ft lbs. The car was started and it started weeping out the front of the plastic above the water neck. So, i put in the old t-stat and gasket and it did the same thing. From what i can tell, there are no cracks whatsoever. The dealer did say that the t-stat is bad a while back. My question is, if the coolant isnt drained, will it cause too much pressure? Or is there something else wrong? Need help ASAP, thanks.
Adam

·
Registered
633 Posts
yeah well thanks for the help guys, the problem is the intake. Hairline crack starting at base of water neck, doesn't allow tstat and o ring to seal off the hole due to the crack giving to pressure.

This intake was replaced under the recall in 99, and 7 year coverage ended march 03 for me. I would only have been covered till 00 with a 1yr war. on that "new POS" intake.

I am thorougly pissed off at Ford, for making the ****tiest engine possible, then hiring retarded chimpanzees to design the intake, exhaust, etc.

I'll be on the phone with ford reagarding this BS. I really wish I was behind the seat of a 93 MN12 with a 5L pushrod engine right now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts