TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1990 SC

i have another problem...... now my brand new thermostat and thermostat gasket is leaking like crazy. I was filling the radiator and it came out of the bottom of the tstat housing. It was perfectly fine before. I tried wiggling it around to get it to sit right and retightened it a bunch of times but to no avail. I had absolutley no problem with it before hand. so its not warped. Is there a trick to lining it all up or something?

any suggestions? maybe silicone everything togetheer then bolt it on

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
SC UL8R1990 said:
1990 SC

i have another problem...... now my brand new thermostat and thermostat gasket is leaking like crazy. I was filling the radiator and it came out of the bottom of the tstat housing. It was perfectly fine before. I tried wiggling it around to get it to sit right and retightened it a bunch of times but to no avail. I had absolutley no problem with it before hand. so its not warped. Is there a trick to lining it all up or something?

any suggestions? maybe silicone everything togetheer then bolt it on
make sure everything sits and lines up perfectly. did you use rtv gasket sealant? you may need to get a new gasket. get one that has an adhesive backing and attach it to the housing, add sealant and put it back together. good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts