TCCoA Forums banner

These are the 4 cars i am considering HELP me chose Please!

• 2000 Cadilac STS

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • 2000 Lincoln LS

Votes: 56 81.2%
  • 2000 Pontiac Bonevile SSEi

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • 2000 Chrysler 300m

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

240-hp and 280 ft-lbs torque 3.8-liter V6 supercharged

Northstar 4.6L V8, 32-valve DOHC STS: 300 hp, 295 ft-lbs torque

3.9L V8, 245 hp and 265 ft-lbs torque

3.5-liter sohc 24v V6 250 hp and 250 ft-lbs torque

HERE ARE MY CHOISES
1. 2000 Cadillac STS
2. 2000 Lincoln LS
3-4. 2000 Bonnevile and 300m tied

What do you all think and please tell me why
THNX...

·
Registered
890 Posts
it was a tough choice between the Pontiac and the Lincoln. I decided on the LS because if you customize it, I think it has more potential, will be much rarer, and will really surprise people.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
I think the LS is just a beautiful car. Especially in black V8 Sport form. It has enough power, definitely has the looks and the class. RWD unlike the GMs and the Chrysler.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
So did you end up deciding to sell your Bird after all. Did you sell it to the guy that had offered you 8k for it after all? Or are you just looking to get a 2nd car?

·
One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sell my car to get on of those
i havent sold it yet tho
any of the cars i get will get rims and tints and some goodies when i get em
pretty hard choice tho

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
PHATBRD said:
pretty hard choice tho
:( now now, see post above.

You've got 2 cars up there that look decent. 1 is front wheel drive.

·
Registered
698 Posts
why didn't you put #5 keep the damn bird??????

that's my opinion. i have heard that the 3.9s suxors. i like the sts, it is the pimp daddy of all caddies. but then again.....you can't beat rwd man

Wiz

·
Registered
397 Posts
How come the caddy cts wasn't in there? Sure it's only a v6 but it puts out 255 to the REAR wheels.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I'd have to go with the bonnie. They have a lot more potential than most of the others since there if already a good amount of aftermarket for them (GTP). I got pulled over by an off duty cop in one of those, it came up on me reeeallly fast.
-Thomas

·
Registered
970 Posts
jarends00 said:
why didn't you put #5 keep the damn bird??????

that's my opinion. i have heard that the 3.9s suxors. i like the sts, it is the pimp daddy of all caddies. but then again.....you can't beat rwd man

Wiz
:zwthstpd:

NONE of those would be on my list.....

If it was Caddy, I'd look for an eldorado...I always loved the eldorados. The STS isn't bad...but still....no thanks.
The LS isn't bad and would be my overall choice...
The Bonnie....meh. Go for the new GTP that's supposed to have some sick handling capabilities (GTP X or something...I actually wanna drive one of those sometime)
The chrysler....meh. Guess the bodies just don't do it for me. For the Chrysler category, get a sebring.

These are all 4 doors. Is someone expecting?

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I'd go LS....V8, rear drive, actually pretty damn powerful (if it's anything like the 03 t-bird I drove) and it probably is damn near identical with the V8...oh, and 50/50 weight distribution, which is damn nice.

Caddy? Why? Not much in the way of performance upgrades, people will laugh becuase it's a grandma car, people will laugh becuase it's not an escalade, yeah people suck, but still....cheapo-lux looking interior, craptastic transmissions from what I hear....burns oil, it's fragwheeldrive....I mean, damn dude, just, dont. Or get one of the new edgy caddys (CTS!!)

Chrysler? I wouldnt pimp that car with stolen hoes. I mean, damn, they have a great past, but now, egh, front drive boring un-inspiromobiles. Wait for the Hemi 500 or whatever it is, or the magnum, if they make it....I'd stay away from dodge unless it was a truck, and maybe not even then, they're fugly now.

Now the GTP/SSEi/Dont forget the Regal GS! I actually drove a GTP and a SSEi...they're real nice, they would be perfect if they where REAR DRIVE, but they arent, and cant be. But they're quick...if you like torque steer.

DUDE GET AN LS!!! THAT WAY YOU CAN ENLIGHTEN US ABOUT THE MODDING POTENTIAL OF THEM, BECAUSE HELL, I WANT ONE!! Plus, the sport body kit on them is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Earl said:
Now the GTP/SSEi/Dont forget the Regal GS! I actually drove a GTP and a SSEi...they're real nice, they would be perfect if they where REAR DRIVE, but they arent, and cant be. But they're quick...if you like torque steer.
Can't be? I wouldn't say that. I saw a guy who converted one to rear wheel drive. He was mucho rich though.
-Thomas

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
You put a list of 4 cars on a Ford forum and only one of them is a Ford. Gee, which car do you think is going to get the majority of the vote?!?!?

It's to bad the LS isn't available in a 5 speed with the V8.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts