TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
these 2 vids seem to pbe pretty popular, I've seen them on 4 separate forums now, and they are always followed by....interesting commentary...and idiotic commentary.
What do you guys think?
03 cobra vs the RX7s:
owned once
owned again
didn't put this in vids because its more then just a couple vids, it seems to be a source of debate :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
94birdnj said:
it'd be interesting to see the list of mods on each.....you figure that cobra is a virgin car (03)
virgin!? HAHAH, heck no :D it's seen 11.50. lightning pulley, bassani X pipe and cat back, short throw shifter, CAI, and some kind of chip.
Notice in both races, both RX7s missed a gear :rolleyes:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
BlackbirdSport said:

virgin!? HAHAH, heck no :D it's seen 11.50. lightning pulley, bassani X pipe and cat back, short throw shifter, CAI, and some kind of chip.
Notice in both races, both RX7s missed a gear :rolleyes:
mazdas always did have notchy trannies.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We race from a roll bcause its smart.
its safer out ont he interstate in the early Am, no oncoming, no deer, no pedestrians, etc. Its also real easy to get busted when you have to stop and spend time staging the cars.
Ultimatly though, it all but eliminates traction issues. both cars still spin, the RX7 spins the tires mid range at 70.

besides, "roll is gay" is the whine of a car that sux froma roll. :tongue:
btw, the silver on did 12.1 @ 126 on the stock, un ported motor, and street tires.

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
BlackbirdSport said:
a car that sux froma roll.
I think you mean that blows from a roll.

And no, it's safer to go from a dead stop at a track than it is to race on any street whatsoever.

·
Registered
353 Posts
safety

there is nothing safer about racing cars from a roll or from a dead stop on the streets, they're both very risky. you want better saftey, do it at the track. you also won't get busted for racing.

racing cars is dangerous, but you reduce your chances of something bad happening in a controlled environment.

·
Registered
946 Posts
i agree with seabass. that 3 honks bullsh*t is for lamers....someone always gets the jump first. race from a stop...if you can't handle your own torque and dont know how to launch then you'd better practice. personally i'm a 13 second driver stuck in a 12 second car....but you dont see me whining about traction...

:eek:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Jurgen said:
but at the tracks i seen accidents too but u dont get a ticked there .
You don't have a chance of taking out a family in a minivan at a track though.

No kind of racing is safe for the drivers. For the innocent people who use the roads to get to where they are going like they are supposed to, it's much safer if the idiots race on a track where they belong.

I have seen too many deaths, adult, teen, child, and infant to support public road racing.

At least the people in TF&TF were smart enough to block off the road and not let innocent people get involved.

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
u know that a good idea , i never though about the people that r on the road with mini cans or trying to get some where . maybe i should think more b4 i go out klooking for people to race and shadowdragon i got thet 145mph speedo installed and i am going to do like 145mph maybe more not sure where tho .
JP

·
Registered
946 Posts
i agree with you shadowdragon but for arguments sake here i know that some of the roads around here are "drive at your own risk"...

those soccer moms in their minivans aren't exactly safe drivers either...and those huge SUVs seem to risk each others lives too....

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Yeah, I still haven't had a chance to test out the 145 speedo.

And yes, there are still plenty of other idiots on the road, even more reason not to race on the road and face a soccer mom in an SUV who is too busy talking on the phone or fixing her makeup.

I will point out that a track doesn't have water spots, pot holes, and has an ambulance on site along with requiring saftey equipment if your car is fast enough such as helmets, roll cages, battery cuttoff switches etc. Depending on where you live it could take 30 minutes or more to get an ambulance to a crash site.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts