TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone saw the USA mens team a few minutes ago, they once again lost. The mens basketball team, is not what their title says. They are not a team, they are a group of individuals. I am not surprised that the best group of 'ball players on the planet has lost again. They are not anything close to the dream team, they are a failure and poor repesentation of our country.

Dare I say...Go Lithuania?

joseph

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
I agree. I thought I heard that the original team didn't work out so these guys were last minute replacements? They sure played like they were.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
This team is the worst team the US had had... It's very sad that they don't as a team, they just plain suck...

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I agree, they are a bunch of individuals, much like every NBA team in the league. Turn on ESPN Classics and tell me if you notice a different style of play with the guys like Chamberlin, Russel, Byrd, Johnson, etc. I know I was shocked when I saw how much better the play was back then, and I'm not even a basketball fan. They were outstanding players on their own, but they carried the team and made them better too. The guys now are just a bunch of clowns.

Pete

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Lithuania was clearly one of the favourites to win a medal heading into the Oympics. They had been competing very well with the other top teams like Argentina and Spain. Actually I am surprised that the US didn't get blown out like Italy and Puerto Rico beat them earlier. They're making progress just to be in that game at the end. And if it wasn't for some trick streaky 3-point shooting at the end of the game, the US probably would have won. I am encouraged by their progress since they first started practicing together. In comparison to other Olympic teams with NBA players, I agree that they are the worst performing of them all. However, I am willing to judge them on their own merits and let them try and fail or succeed on their own, not in comparison to other Olympic teams.

GO USA! :usa:

·
Registered
890 Posts
the mian problem with team USA (beyond the ego's) is that there are no pure shooters on the team. The international game, with it's zone defenses puts a high value on being able to shoot the outside shot. Our best outside shooter (Richard Jefferson?? - I forget who exactly) was ranked 47th best in the NBA last year.

Before the last game, the USA was ranked next to last in 3-point percentage, better than only the Russian WOMEN!!!! That's right, worse than all the other men's AND women's teams.

Can anyone say poor planning?? (or thinking we are so great, we don't need any strategy)

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
hahahahhah GO PUERTO RICO!!

REPRESENT!!.....haha not really a victory over the US...but o wells

yea that team was a joke...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Team USA beat the best team in the tournament this morning...the previously undefeated Spain. They played as a team, had great shooting, and good defense at the end, and yes, they played with heart. Now they are guaranteed to at least play for a Bronze medal at the worst. They now seem on track. It looks like they will be playing Argentina tomorrow, another of the best teams. That's if Arg. beats Greece later on.

GO USA!! :usa:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I'm very disappointed with the whole NBA player crap. I mean here are a bunch of BABIES who couldn't lower their status to stay in the Olympic Camp with the other atheletes.....they HAD to stay aboard the QE-2. What a bunch of BS!

I think that one of the BIGGEST reasons that some of the NBA "greats" (I use that term very LOOSELY) didn't want to participate in the Olympics this time around is because of one simple little bit.

Marajuana is "Legal" in the NBA. They would have never passed the drug screening of the atheletes.

NBA "stars", MLB "stars" and now NFL "stars" are some of the biggest cry babies on the planet.

just my .02

1 - 13 of 13 Posts