TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i want to buikd a motor for my bird i have a 96 3.8l and i want to stay in a budget of 2000-2500 i will do all the work my self i can bore hone and basically anything else i need i am currently in college getting my A.S. in auto technology

i have acces to lifts and all the the tools i need

i would tlike to build the bottom and top end

in the future i plan on supercharging

does anyone know of any links i can goto to finds parts for my engine or will all the internals for a mustange 3.8 fit?

thanks for all the help in advance

·
Registered
844 Posts
If you plan on supercharging, I would reccomend getting a Supercoupe bottom end. I'm not sure just how much stronger the SC block is, but they are supposed to be stronger than the N/A versions. Or, go look around http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/, they've got all kind of V6 parts. Best of luck with your 3.8, and welcome to the TCCoA

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'd look into a splitport 3.8 or 4.2. You'd get a big boost of HP using one of those, then you can add a vortech later for more power then you'd probably ever get from the single port

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Check v6power.net out for some setups. There are a lot of guys over there who are into 3.8/4.2 tech (and I mean hard core).

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
youe engine is 99% the same as a 96' Mustang V6, the only difference is the exhaust manifolds (for fitting different chassis). As-is your engine is good for 10psi boost with a safe tune. Mine still running great with 25,000 miles of vortech abuse :) Personally I would start with finding a used 3.8L mustang supercharger kit, 30# injectors, 02' GT MAF, 4.2L truck sparkplug wires, and an SCT X-cal2 and enjoy a high-mid 14 second car with no other changes. Could easily be done for under 2500$ if you don't mind making a intake tube for the Vortech (mustang one won't fit) and moving the Coil pack (to allow room for the intake tube you make).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts