TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my door hinge today. Finally it is done! Doing the tranny fluid next week, and maybe some other odds and ends. What do you have in the works?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Congrats on the hinges. That's one of the things that you don't necessarily want to do, but you have to do, yet feels good when they are done.

Nothing on my 3.8. It's for sale. I was really motivated to put on the spacers that I bought from Flex, but not motivated to do that anymore since it's parked.

I'll open up the intake and exhaust a bit on the SC in the spring.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
For the 93 3.8:
I got my 215/220 cam with .600" lift ordered with the appropriate valve springs. Turned out the valve springs cost more than the cam because they are so rare! I guess not so many people go with as much lift as I will be hehe. So I need to order some ported heads and adjustable pedestals for my roller rockers before I can install the cam and springs. But that should add a HUGE amount of horsies to the car. And the cam will see it's full potential when I get a supercharger.

For the 95 4.6:
Got a 1998 Mark VIII transmission with torque converter ordered and should arrive on friday or saturday sometime. Need to get J-Mod parts ordered for it and a tranny cooler. Then get the j-mod done on the new tranny and swap the torque converter cutch Solenoid swapped from the old tranny to the new and throw her in. Can't wait to get my v8 back on the road, especially with the j-modded tranny and mark8 torque converter :D

-Thomas

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Change the oil tomorrow and relish in the fact that I have only opened the hood for oil changes and a coolant flush since May (when I did the rocker install.)

I do have a full cluster coming, but the hood really doesn't HAVE to open for that ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
We'll the weather looks like it's finely going to coperate and I have some free time so I'm going to finely get to replace the gasket on my transmissions tail housing. :rolleyes: Looking to spend about 5 hours to replace a $1.50 gasket.

I guess while I'm down there I'll change my oil to.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Change hood, light header, turnsignal, and passenger side headlight. Get painted. Get fender dent pulled/bondo'd. Get painted.

Fix stupid Code 327 (better just be EGR solenoid).

Decide whether it's OK to go to AMSOIL synthetic or not.

J-Mod.

New (or snow) tires all the way around :/

ACCOUNT BALANCE: $3.46

:bawling:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I guess I need to get off my lazy butt and do mine, BTW, how did you do it? Is there an article describing how to change hinge pins and bushings? TIA

·
Registered
484 Posts
I get to remove my driveshaft AGAIN and have it balanced, going to change IRS bushings just because. Hope to get the 8.8 someday and put in. have to fix leaky riceboy sounding exhaust, new tires, new master cylinder. But I dont have time to do any of that....... so its going to have to sit and wait.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts