TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think a gallon of gas is expensive? This makes you think, and also puts things in perspective.

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ...........$9.52 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 .......... $10.00 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 ..... $10.17 per gallon

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 .......... $10.32 per gallon

Evian water9 oz $1.49..........$21.19 per gallon?

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 ........ . $25.42 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 ........... $33.60 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 ........$84.48 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 ........ $123.20 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 .... $178.13 per gallon

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
well.. evian is ridiculous.. you can get culligan water for $0.35 a gal at wallyworld :D

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Pooperscooper said:
Think a gallon of gas is expensive? This makes you think, and also puts things in perspective.

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ...........$9.52 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 .......... $10.00 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 ..... $10.17 per gallon

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 .......... $10.32 per gallon

Evian water9 oz $1.49..........$21.19 per gallon?

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 ........ . $25.42 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 ........... $33.60 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 ........$84.48 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 ........ $123.20 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 .... $178.13 per gallon
ill be checking all of those prices at work today:D

joseph

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Do a comparison of the increase in gas prices in the last year, and the increase in iced tea and etc in the last year. Peoples and the economies problem is as much the high price as it is the rapid increase in price.

·
Registered
348 Posts
and i know for a fact you can get enough gatorade mix to make 3 5 gallon kegs of gatorade for approx 15 bucks ... maybe less!

best comparison ... gal purchases

gas 1.77 (reg)
milk 3.90

everyone drinks milk, right?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Milk is expensive where you live.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
mastarecoil said:
Do a comparison of the increase in gas prices in the last year, and the increase in iced tea and etc in the last year. Peoples and the economies problem is as much the high price as it is the rapid increase in price.
the price of Premium in my county has decreased about 30 cents since the "all time high" around Memorial Day.

joseph

·
Registered
975 Posts
None of those items are typically bought in as much bulk as gasoline. What else do you typical use about 10 gallons a week or more? The only thing I can think of is water from the faucet. It's much cheaper than gasoline too.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
At first I thought I was being funny, but thinking it over, 10 gallons of beer is pretty easy to drink in a weekend. Thats why I cant afford gas...

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Beer: $9 for 144oz (12 pack), or $8 a gallon.

4 Cam Bird said:
Milk is expensive where you live.
BS....Vermont is one of the faw dairy states left and milk here is 3.99 but maybe that's because most farmers don't use that hormone.

BTW...I personally go through 3 gallons of milk a week.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Check this out! Water comes out my faucet! No need to buy it in a friggin bottle.

·
Registered
972 Posts
What I dont understand is, Why do people drive all around town looking for cheaper gas when all they find is somewhere that has it for 10 cents cheaper per gallon, in which they saved about $1.50, when they wasted $2.00 looking for cheaper gas?

Im not really sure why alot of people buy bottled water, but there are some people that really bad faucet water, If you live out in the country, you pretty much have to have a water softner, And in Franklin Indiana, the water pipes are so old, the they were made with lead, and some people choose not to drink the water.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
If you have your own private well, you usually have a filtation system. We have a very simple filter that just keeps out the small rocks (no joke).

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I personnally hate comparisons like this bc its like comparing apples to oranges with most this things.... only thing that mostly compares is water. 58cents a gallon but barely compares to 17 gals i burn in gas a week. Probably among millions of other people ... how much do you really use of all these other products. Now if you sum up yearly equivelents and compare yall see that gas is much more used that any other. Therefore people complain more about it since it is so expensive right now.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The bottom line is a gallon of iced tea has absolutly nothing to do with a gallon of gasoline.

Lets me a similar comparison...

An alarm clock cost $10.00.

A pair of shoes costs $30.00.

No one cares.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts