TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
I think he was talking about the screamin demon coil packs. I think you can use coil packs intended for mustangs as well? I know the wires are interchangeable because i run MSD 98 mustang GT plug wires on mine, fit perfect.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i can switch to the higher temp spark plugs

i had done this with my old truck but thats naturaly asperated and gave me about 2 miles more thats why i wanted a hotter spark i'm clueless when it comes to fuel injection

do i need hotter wires?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
i dont even know if we're thinking the same things, but "hotter" running plugs wont do anything for your stock vehicle.....the heat range that is designated for stock replacement plugs is exactly what it needs to be for all around good performance and longevity

you dont need "hotter" wires.....if you think there are some magical wires that boost voltage going to the spark plug or something, you're wrong....and even if they did boost voltage, it would do absoutely nothing for you.....the stock voltage provided by the stock coil packs going thru stock wires is enough to cross a gap of at least 0.065".......so to make the spark jump an even smaller gap of [the recommended] 0.054" is childs play for the stock ignition system in your car

want more power/fuel economy?....all things considered equal, you need the ignition timing advanced.....how do you do that? .......contact any reputable SCT Custom Tuning Dealer so they can program you a chip or an Xcal2 EEC flasher

1 - 11 of 11 Posts