TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
hey guys looken for ideas im goin to have about 5-7gs to spend and $300 for trans another $850 for 3.55 and posi so proly $6300 i was thinkin of exploers alum block 04 pi heads rods and pistons for some boost done the road comp cam 273 cams a/c delet bullit inake if i can find it if not trickflow wit twin buterflie throttle bodie.. And maybe a saleen supercharger or kenneybell

any other things i might be missing id like to make 300-350motor and around 400-500 on boost sick and tried of these frekin hondas and acuras that kill me on top end

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
whoa, slow down there buddy....you wanna start building up a 2V 4.6 and already slap on a saleen or kenne bell supercharger?!

first of all, you're gonna need a hell of a lot more than $300 to upgrade the transmission....lol

to spend your money wisely, you need to decide if you want to keep it naturally aspirated, or forced induction.....to make 300-350HP all motor, you're gonna need lots of compression and RPMs, as well as very good head flow and a decent set of cams (just outlining some basic stuff)........for forced induction, the typical compression ratios used in 350HP 2V N/A 4.6s, which are probably only a handful out there, do not lend themselves to high-boost levels........a basic rule is: if cant afford to do it once, you cant afford to do it twice.....so think about what it is you're wanting to accomplish and go from there......you can get A LOT more done to make your car much quicker without some monster motor that you're thinking of

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
hey guys looken for ideas im goin to have about 5-7gs to spend and $300 for trans another $850 for 3.55 and posi so proly $6300 i was thinkin of exploers alum block 04 pi heads rods and pistons for some boost done the road comp cam 273 cams a/c delet bullit inake if i can find it if not trickflow wit twin buterflie throttle bodie.. And maybe a saleen supercharger or kenneybell

any other things i might be missing id like to make 300-350motor and around 400-500 on boost sick and tried of these frekin hondas and acuras at stop light wars that kill me on top end
42LB Injectors, Solid Driveshaft, High Stall Converter, Big fuel pump, 3.73 or 4.10 gears with the factory Posi-Cobra independent rear end and a fiberglass hood to accept this setup :D. Bigger tires on wider rims, bigger brake calipers over bigger rotors, a tune, Chuck the air silerncer and don't forget the "Factory Build sheet(s) that says SVT" on them. :tongue:

Honestly, shorter gears, a good high stall converter and a tune will do wonders for your car anything else is iceing on the cake.

·
Super Moderator
16,977 Posts
42LB Injectors, Solid Driveshaft, High Stall Converter, Big fuel pump, 3.73 or 4.10 gears with the factory Posi-Cobra independent rear end and a fiberglass hood to accept this setup :D. Bigger tires on wider rims, bigger brake calipers over bigger rotors, a tune, Chuck the air silerncer and don't forget the "Factory Build sheet(s) that says SVT" on them. :tongue:

Honestly, shorter gears, a good high stall converter and a tune will do wonders for your car anything else is iceing on the cake.
lol

...and I agree with the last part :)

·
Registered
258 Posts

Definately don't forget the air silencer delete. That's the most important part. It's no substitute for dilithium crystals, however.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm spending about the same as you on my new build.. Doing a explorer swap, customer motor mounts, built trans with 3500 stall and 9.5 converter, 8.8 track lock with 3.55 gears, vortech supercharger, 255 in tank fuel pump, and 90mm MAF. That alone should be good for around 350 to the wheels.. Then if I have the money left over can add a intercooler or snow kit to get it up to around 390-400. That should be good for low 12's I hope if not really high 11's.

·
Registered
836 Posts
how much power do you want or what time in the quarter mile do you want? That will help alot with ways to go with an engine build. You can run an explorer block with lots of bolt ons and have a fresher engine that runs mid 13's.

If you want a supercharger or faster than 13's, you will need to allocate alot more for the above mentioned supporting mods.

Be a little more specific with your goals and you will get better responses.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
oh boy, another dreamer.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
If it were me.........I would get evrything set up to put in the motor you are talking about. Trans, torque converter, drive shaft, rear end, possibly brake upgrade, basically anything you will need to support that kind of horsepower. Then start buying the engine parts for your build, aluminum explorer block, forged internals, good heads/cam/intake. That is unless your engine is trashed, keep in mind if taken care of the 4.6 can go well over the mileage you have. If you have to get a motor soon then you will just have to push some of the stuff on your list back. Don't forget you will have to get a tune when your motor goes in. Don't expect to just run out and buy all your stuff at once and slap it on the car. These are called 'projects' for a reason. They take several years to come together and are almost never 'done'

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
getting skuled by hondas? my PI motor, 3.73s, some misc crap and a good tune has me walking RSX Type-S's by a full second in the 1/4.
A 2006+ Civic Si can run high 14's if you can drive , with intake exhaust and a tune i have seen them run low 14's theres some videos online of some people in the high 13's but i have not witnessed one yet .
There's alot of cars that respond easy to mods . You just need to set your goal and go from there we have all come a long way with this mn12's and know a thing or two . high 13's are not hard 12's depends which way you want to take . And dont roll race .

·
Registered
518 Posts
Converter, PI head swap, 373 gears, and a good tune is a world of difference on that car.
X2, I've added about 70 HP with PI headswap and simple bolt ons with a tune.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'm sure others will chime in on this, but the direction I found here was to start with the J-Mod and converter, upgrade the rear end, some sort of PI swap (any flavor is better than what we have stock), exhaust/intake and bolt ons from there. I was in a hurry for big power, but my dreams were bigger than my budget. The path the folks here recommend is really a great start and won't put you in the poor house for each upgrade.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts