TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT TAKING ALL MY CATS OFF AND HAVING A FLOWMASTER 50 SERIES MUFFLER PUT ON. HOW WOULD I MAKE MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT STAY OFF? ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO IF I SHOULD DO THIS OR NOT? THANKS.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Well..............this is what i did

i replaced my left cat with a pipe, and my right one since is has the o2 sensor i gutted so my check engine light wouldnt come on, and the car sounds wayyyyyy better.

Marvin M.

·
Registered
371 Posts
so if i was to just cut my 2 cats off...my check engine light would come on???....and my car is a 91 so i think i have 2 O2 sensors?? right??....so if i was to just gut my cats would my engine light not come on?? also how good does a 3.8 sound with gutted cats?...i plan on doing true duals with flomaster really soon.

thanks for any help
Jay
91 3.8L thunderbird

·
Registered
801 Posts
well my cat sounds like a stock 4.6 stang

your left cat has no 02 sensor so you can either gutt it or replace it with a pipe, now on your right cat which is the one under the passenger side, has an o2 sensor, so just unhook the o2 sensor bring the cat down and gutt it, then just put the o2 sensor back in and walla!!!but be extra careful when your gutting the cat that you dont mess up the o2 sensor.If you break it you will need to buy a new one, and they are like 70 bucks. Your engine light will not come on, mines hasnt and i gutted my cats about 6months ago. you do loose a bit of low end torque, but if your doing it for the sound then you'll be alright.

Marvin M.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts