TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really got to thinking about doing this for my next project. I wanted to buy a 94-97 4.6L tbird, and swap the motor out for a 4.6L DOHC from a donor Mark VIII (93-94). I have access to a complete engine from a 94 Mark VIII at a U-pull it where I live. They want $199.00 for the engine and give it a 30 day warranty. I think the only think missing is the injectors, which I have a set of anyway (only 24#er's though). I can get the engine computer, all accessories are included, basically I get everything that attaches to the engine.

Here comes the kicker...I would like to also have a SC manual trans behind the DOHC (M5R2). What would I need to make this happen? Opinions and examples are welcome.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
I really got to thinking about doing this for my next project. I wanted to buy a 94-97 4.6L tbird, and swap the motor out for a 4.6L DOHC from a donor Mark VIII (93-94). I have access to a complete engine from a 94 Mark VIII at a U-pull it where I live. They want $199.00 for the engine and give it a 30 day warranty. I think the only think missing is the injectors, which I have a set of anyway (only 24#er's though). I can get the engine computer, all accessories are included, basically I get everything that attaches to the engine.

Here comes the kicker...I would like to also have a SC manual trans behind the DOHC (M5R2). What would I need to make this happen? Opinions and examples are welcome.
What are you goals and intended use for this car?
Why are you entertaining the idea of this engine swap?
JL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts