TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experince with these I've herd a ton of good stuff from mustang drivers. I will be getting a custom exhaust setup in the next few weeks. I will be running ture duals with NO cats. and so far im down to 2 mufflers either Flowmasters or MAC Flowpath's.
I've herd the flowpaths sound awesome...does anyone have any sound clips or anything? And another question I know flowmaster sells a exhaust system for our Tbird's and the mufflers have the turndown's like our stock mufflers does Mac also have the turndowns? I want to keep it stock looking.
where should I get the mac's from I cannot seem to find many places that sell them online.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
flowpaths i have heard also are sweet and also loud...but dont do flowmasters...nothing agains them its just that i havent heard good stuff about them...now i dont want anyone to get on my case....

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone here have them on their MN12? I havent seen anyone yet with mac's yet.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've heard they sound pretty nice, also. Yeah, just don't get the flowmasters for the MN12 cause they have a bad rattle at about 1800-2200 RPM. I've also heard that Magnaflows are awsome sounding and thats whats going on my '93 5.0 stang. Dyno max has a real agressive sound to them as well, but I have not personally heard the Mac on an MN12.

Clay

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I've got a friend who runs Flowpaths on his Mustang, they sound really aggressive, but are still a chambered muffler, and he gets a lot of resonance.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've got them at the end of my combo and all I get are compliments. They sound simply bad *** at idle and scream up top. They don't have that tin can sound like Flowmasters. With my cams and the kooks mid-lengths and an o/r dr. gas X, it will deafen you at WOT. If you put them at the back, you'll have to turn them at a 45 degree or cut the extensions off to get them to tuck under.

I liked the dynomax bullets, but the cops in this small podunk town thought otherwise.:D

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2Vbird said:
I've got them at the end of my combo and all I get are compliments. They sound simply bad *** at idle and scream up top. They don't have that tin can sound like Flowmasters. With my cams and the kooks mid-lengths and an o/r dr. gas X, it will deafen you at WOT. If you put them at the back, you'll have to turn them at a 45 degree or cut the extensions off to get them to tuck under.

I liked the dynomax bullets, but the cops in this small podunk town thought otherwise.:D
do you have any pictures?? So I can show the guys at the exhaust shop how it should be done.

·
Registered
694 Posts
besides the resonance flows give... what makes magaflow better? is it a totally different tone to it? if its just better on reonance control ill pass.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you want pics of my duals check out my site. The page that the link is to is directly to my mod page (i.e. exhaust etc..)

Page 3 from my web page

Use the Flowpath in place of my flowmasters. I am going to use the Magnaflows on my MN12. I saw a video on the Magnaflow website w/ a Fox body 5.0 stang and it sounds awsome. Quite idle and an agressive deep tone on acceleration. I don't have cats so it would probably be louder and hopefully won't have that rattle like my Flowmasters. FM sound good on my car but I don't think they're made like they were.

Clay

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
cougar_ricer said:
besides the resonance flows give... what makes magaflow better? is it a totally different tone to it? if its just better on reonance control ill pass.
way way way better flow.

·
Registered
694 Posts
well i'm putting on some Magnaflow Cats soon... and ill see how that sounds. If its still not what im looking for (sound). Ill get some magnaflow muffs too. :thumbsup:

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
the MACs will be similar in sound and performance to flowmaster. for performance, Borla XS is the best. If you want to sound like you have flowmasters, I would suggest Flowtech Terminators. they sound like flows and are a straight through muffler.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
cougar_ricer said:
Let's see, Stainless steel, smoother sound, quieter at idle, but sounds better at WOT, no resonance, and better flow.

Flowmaster 40 series flows 352 cfm
Magnaflow flows 711 cfm

Just for reference sake: Dynomax superturbos flow 410, and a stock muffler flows 225. I know these don't match what other charts say, but they were all done on the same flowbench, and all with 2.5 mufflers, so the numbers are just for comparison, and may not be the exact flow numbers, but it proves a point.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
While flow numbers obviously do have an effect on performance, it is not a good way to compare. Mufflers are a tuned item, and different designs are used for different situations.

http://members.tccoa.com/greenbird/mufflerpower.pdf

Borla XSs have been dyno proven to give more power, at a lower sound level, and have the best warrenty. The only reasons not to go with them is if you don't like the sound, or they are too expensive.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
i dont worry about resonance at all, but i like magnaflow sound myself, but i want a sound that is diffrent from everyone ele, im thinkin about trying out edlebrock mufflers, but im pretty sure there chambered also

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
well so far I'd like to go with the Mac Flowpaths with a True dual setup and no cats. ...But I'm havin a hard time finding them online..where should I buy them from? and does mac offer the mufflers with turndowns like our stock ones?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
if your going a custom setup im sure the exahsut shop can get the turndowns on the end of the mufflers, i dont think the actaul mufflers come with them

1 - 20 of 25 Posts