TCCoA Forums banner

Thinking about using this type motor for my project..

1K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  95xbird 
#1 ·

opinions?:D

for those who can't identify it.. LS1 + T56

See less See more
#5 ·
id say go for it, good motors, guy at work has a 05 gto stroked and bored out to 6.6L lol with i think under 100 shot and could run 10's in the 1/4. but wont beccuse he don't want to put a roll bar in. best he ran wa a 11.5??? on street tires automatic too.

#8 ·
yes, right now I am still looking for a good candidate for a chassis...

as much as I would hate to hack at a nice SC, it's looking like a 94-95 sc will probably be first choice if I can find one with a decent interior/non running motor/tranny..

i have a donor 00 camaro Z28 that was recently totaled after a drunk driver rearended me at a stop light.....

I am not really forsure how easy the swap is going to be but I am willing to bet if it can be done, we can do it.. This is also a few months from being started as we are currently busy with another LSX swap into another non-LSX chassis..
Just wanted to see what some other members might think..

#10 ·
you beat me to it i was planning on installing and ls1 and a 6 speed in the bird after my other project was finished. its deffinitly worth doing, ls1 parts are readily avalible and after market parts are becomeing cheaper by the day. plus with all the people out there retrofitting these into there older muscle cars you can get a plug and play computer setup ( i belive it honestly had 4 wires to hook up) and still keep the fuel injection in order to pass emissions and keep everything legal.

#11 ·
Sacrilege! :mad:

Just kidding, but honestly...it's a great motor and you'll probably love it. I just can't stand the thought of another Chevy/Ford bastard car roaming the streets. ;)

#12 ·
#13 ·
Hm, this calls for:

#15 ·
While the LS1 is a good engine and all, it is still old technology using push rods. :zpuke:

I just don't see the big deal considering:

GM 5.7L LS1 350 hp/375 ft lbf = 61.4 hp per liter

Ford 4.6L DOHC (1999/2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra) 320 hp/317 lb·ft = 69.7 hp per liter

So I don't understand the ga-ga over the LS1 engine. :2huh:

#16 ·
I thought the LS1 was a 315-320hp motor.And the SVT motor was 390 hp?Unless you are taking from the GTO @350bhp and the non supercharged Cobra @305bhp.Ethier way numbers will be different with intake,exhaust,gearing and tuning.

My take on it is drop a late model 4V 4.6 in with a tune and you're in LS1 territory.Add gears and a healthy stall and say bye bye LS1.

Don't get me wrong I like the LS1 but I am still a firm believer that more can be done with a PI2V or 4V in these cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.