TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the Mark VIII's and I have wanted one for quite a while. In the next month or so I will have about $5,000 for a down payment. I want to know what are the major or small problems if any on the 97-98 MVIII. As far as performance what are its limitations and whom could I speak with as far as souping it up (already checked out LOD). I know it has the same transmission as the MN12 so I assume the Jerry mod could be done am I correct? Right now on my t-bird I have a j-chip, 90mm lmaf and GT intake tube. Can the same be done on the Mark VIII as far the 90mm lmaf fitting or are there other MAF that work better? This way I could just have Dennis reflash my chip for the mark. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Love the new forum great work to everyone involved

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
try here

Dennis Reinhart: http://www.reinhartautomotive.com/

He has a shop and does a lot of good work supposedly. He is the one making chips for most people here now. He also has a Mark VIII of his own. He is supposedly pretty busy (after the pics of the engine he did for a MarkVIII I dont know how he has time to post) but he does post quite often for someone running and shop and doing a lot of good work. Nice guy from what I can tell online too.

-Shawn

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Problems...

Check the air suspension. It can be costly to fix.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
mainly the airbags, but the car should lower itself at 55mph. It's about an inch so you should feel it. There is also a way to test the air pump...check on Lincolns of Distinction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts