TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I want to move to RI. One reaosn is so I can get away from it all. I like the slow life at times, and I rush all the time in NJ. I want to slow down some :p The other reason is because of my gf...shes in college right now and I just want to be closer to her (long story)

This is where I need help. Whats a good place in RI to live in? I would like a place to be quiet, but have some "noise." I also would like to pay decent rent, like 600 or around there. Anyone know of such a place in RI?

Please help.

--John

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Housing up here has gone up a lot lately. For $600 a month rent you might luck out but your not going to get anything to spectacular. What college is your girl going to? I could probablly name some towns around it for you to look at.

Adam

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
Yeah, it really depends on what you plan on living in.. do you want an apartment? If so, something in a complex, or a tenament? Where does your girlfriend attend school?

Like Adam said, the housing prices here really have jumped in the past couple years, so it might be a little tough finding something 'cheap'. If you ask me though, it's still a *****in place to live. Can you be a little more specific as to what exactly you're looking for?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Another idea is maybe have your girl if she goes to school up there ask the school if they know of any off campus housing (usually at a reduced rate) my brother and hsi fiancee still live in her college apartment like 5 years after she graduated and the rent is under $500 a month in the NYC area!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apartment will be fine. I just want a place to live right now :p

She attends school @ WPI in MA. She lived in RI her whole life and she says she doesn't want to move. I want to move in with her, but her parents probabaly won't allow that :(

So, I'm goin to save like 5k and move up there. I'm going to have a "egg" that I can live on till I find a pretty decent job.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you guys think I'm crazy to move up to there so I can be with her?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
If you think its the right thing go for it if you have any doubts sit and talk with both her and someone else about it and see what you come up with

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Not to discourage but I was thinking my friend has been dating this girl for about a year thats goes to school about an hour away. She just told him (after a year) I'm in college I want to have fun I'm not ready for a committed relationship. Just make sure that everything is 100% sure it would kind of suck if you gave up everything to move up there and ended up back down in the rainbow state (new jersey) again. I wish you Good Luck :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Check out Attleboro, Ma or North Attleboro, Ma, Blackstone, Ma. All are near by and I'm sure you could rent an efficiency or small one bedroom apartment around there for $600.

Sideoiler

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pnyklr said:
Not to discourage but I was thinking my friend has been dating this girl for about a year thats goes to school about an hour away. She just told him (after a year) I'm in college I want to have fun I'm not ready for a committed relationship. Just make sure that everything is 100% sure it would kind of suck if you gave up everything to move up there and ended up back down in the rainbow state (new jersey) again. I wish you Good Luck :)
If I move, its going to be for good. I'm not going to play "musical chairs"...moving style.

I asked her about it, and well...she seems really happy. I mean I'm not going to move tomorrow, but I just want a good idea I guess. It all depends if my mom wants to sell the house we are living in now. If she does, then I'm pretty much screwed. I don't have enough $ to move to RI as it is right now. Maybe in a year, sure...but surely not now. If I have to leave home now, then my chances of going to RI are slim.

She would love if I moved up there though. For one, we can always see each other, and two...it seems like a great place to live my life. NJ, in my opinion, is becoming too crowded. I just would like to lay back, relax, and be with my gf.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sideoiler said:
Check out Attleboro, Ma or North Attleboro, Ma, Blackstone, Ma. All are near by and I'm sure you could rent an efficiency or small one bedroom apartment around there for $600.

Sideoiler
True, I will check it out, thanks :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
the rental prices tend to be pretty high if your 45 min. or closer to boston,the farther west in mass you go the cheaper it gets till you get near springfield.don't know much about RI,but i know where i live your lucky if you can find a studio apartment for under $700 and i'm about 45 min. away from boston(if i go the speed limit).who knows though,you might get lucky and find a good deal.good luck to ya.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts