TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some part that will by-pass the third cat or is there something to eliminate it all together. Also by doind this will this effect emmissions at all? Once I get my exhaust I'd like it to be free flowing and not have the 3rd cat in the way? Plese any and all information that can be provided I'd appreciate it. thanks I can be reached at [email protected].

Nick in St.Louis

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
prime said:
Is there some part that will by-pass the third cat or is there something to eliminate it all together. Also by doind this will this effect emmissions at all? Once I get my exhaust I'd like it to be free flowing and not have the 3rd cat in the way? Plese any and all information that can be provided I'd appreciate it. thanks I can be reached at [email protected].

Nick in St.Louis
Nick -

The general experience from many people on this board, who have eliminated their third cat is, that by doing so, it does not
materially affect emissions. Also eliminating it is not a big
power booster either, as the worst restrictions are in the heads
and the primary cats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: Re: Third Cat By-Pass???

MagerThom said:

Nick -

The general experience from many people on this board, who have eliminated their third cat is, that by doing so, it does not
materially affect emissions. Also eliminating it is not a big
power booster either, as the worst restrictions are in the heads
and the primary cats.
He hit the nail on the head. I did it to mine and passed emission. You won't get much punch but it felt the engine breathed a little easier over 4500 RPMS..

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Third Cat By-Pass???

The Hitman said:

He hit the nail on the head. I did it to mine and passed emission. You won't get much punch but it felt the engine breathed a little easier over 4500 RPMS..
I dunno about the CA laws, though.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Third Cat By-Pass???

WaLieN said:

your screwed. you can only modify your exhaust with a a device that has CARB approval or exemption.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Third Cat By-Pass???

WaLieN said:

Probably not but it's just as illegal to do anything to the cats here in VA. Even the street legal H pipes with two cats are illegal in VA.
Try to find a friend with a shop. That's how I got my sticker. As you can see in my sig.. I have NO cats. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts