TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking, if my '97 is ODBII, and the local pollution test is just a plugin read off the ODBII, and there is nothing being read behind the third cat,I could effectivly remove it with no effect on the ODBII pollution reading. :confused: Then onto a true dual exhaust system. :D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yep, can definitely do. I have a Dual in/Dual out Magnaflow where my third cat used to reside. Then true duals all the way out back. :D

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
yeah it all depends on if you can find a shop to freaking take it to do it. I had to lie to my exhaust shop to even look at the car. I told him the last guy I took it to said it was a resonator and he was like oh okay then we can just cut it off here and do custom all the way back. I'm just saving up for the high flow cats now. I'm thinking its going to be about 250-300 to get it installed... but I already have the mufflers. Just need pipe bent and then the high flow cats... which I'm hoping to get from SCP soon. We'll see.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Tell them your using it for off road only. Or your turning it into a competition only car.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
that could have worked too... well not the offroad... why would you be using a cougar/thunderbird for offroad ROFL... but he's doing my exhaust anyway. So I'm ordering the high flow cats sometime in a couple of weeks and hopefully the exhaust will be done in like a month :) I can't freakin wait to use these borla mufflers i've had for like 2 1/2 months LOL.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Offroad implys, road racing, drag racing, rally racing. In other words not for street legal use.

·
Registered
814 Posts
LOL, i'm slow all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts