TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Third shift sucks, primarily because i live in a development and operating power tools at 3:30 in the morning on my night off might wake some white collar jerk off up on a saturday morning. i hate it i hate it i hate it. and you can only do so much with hand tools too.

·
Registered
208 Posts
ok steve, get your butt over here and install my bedroom door for me...you can stain it too if you want

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I work 2nd shift, and have the same problem. I also work Sun- Thurs. so friday afternoon is the only day I can ever get anything subtantial done. I have to renew my registration but have been putting it off because it takes afew hours waiting at the DMV (they never sent me a renewal form in the mail like they are supposed to, but that's another story).

·
Chief of Warranty Police
1,492 Posts
I don't know, I rather like working the overnight. Sure, it's a pain sometimes, but I'm used to it.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
redneckcougarguy said:
Third shift sucks, primarily because i live in a development and operating power tools at 3:30 in the morning on my night off might wake some white collar jerk off up on a saturday morning. i hate it i hate it i hate it. and you can only do so much with hand tools too.
You work at Fed Ex right?

·
Administrator
14,211 Posts
I loved third shift at my last job (11pm-8am). On my way home I could get breakfast and hit places like the DMV and Inspection locations and stuff I now have to skip lunch to do. Then I could go home and work on my car in the daylight before going to sleep. Not to mention a 15% shift differential and guaranteed 5 hours of overtime a week (I convinced the CEO that since I couldn't leave the sysadm cellphone at my desk when I went to lunch I should be paid for that time and he agreed).

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I don't mind it that much but I will be happy in a couple months when I'm not working the 6pm to 4am shift. If I worked til 8 I can actually get things done and find parking so that would much better. The big thing for me is when I get home at 4 after a full night of work I am not tired. It's like a day shift, you wouldnt go home and go to bed at 6pm. So I am not tired when I get home, it's just 4am. So I am up til 6am usually and then go to bed and get back up between 12-2. The nice thing is it leaves me with time to get the day time things done like registering the car and dealing with all that stuff. I can actually go to the bank when they are opened.
So it's cool but I will be happy to not do it soon.
:)

·
Resident redneck
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i work at fedex, but i also work 2nd shift at a local place here, and they havent been real pleased with me this past year, but they know that i will come in if they need me. dont get me wrong i like having my day to myself, but i like to work on my car during my nights off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts