TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im out driving , cars all wormed up , Doing lets say 60 , and want to pass . Its a 5 speed . As we gas her up, it starts to like buck. Go around the other car and get back to 60- 65 , its fine with never a problum . So what is it . I changed the Cam and Air Temp sensors . Could this be the crank sensor , I hope not. If so whats the trick to that one . Some say , wires or plugs . Their not that old . Thanks for any input . D.W.

·
Formula 1 Freak
136 Posts
When is the last time the fuel filter was changed? Not saying it's definitely the prob, but it's a possibility.
-Jeff

·
Registered
59 Posts
re: Bucking SC

Sure sounds like plugs and wires. Does it only happen when you're in boost?
If you accelerate slowly (stay out of boost), is it smooth?
I've had a lot of experience with this problem and it always came back to plugs and
wires. Ofcourse there are many reasons for the plugs to foul, arcing wires will do it.
Check at night and look for spark jumping at the boots. Pull plugs look for fouling.
If in doubt change them all.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bucking SC

Well thats a few times I have heard that on the wires and plugs. So will do both, I will try a bigger gap . Thanks, D.W.

·
Registered
59 Posts
re:Bigger gap

What gap are you running now? Be careful, don't go to big, say wider than 54 or you risk blowing out the spark under high boost.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Bucking SC

Before you go to the trouble of changing the plugs and wires. Try spraying the SC bypass valve with some WD40. Its located behind the SC and has a little rod coming out of it. There is a butterfly inside that can stick and cause it to buck when you go into sudden WOT boost.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NO MORE BUCK

Well changed the plugs on the car, that was fun ,,, set the gap at 50 and runs great now . Thanks for the input , D.W. 3 SCs one is not enough .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts