TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Jeez what a bummer, looks like that flip flop light blue / purple color...I had a 96 bird like that many moons ago...couldn't you just replace the door and the fender and call it good?

·
Super Moderator
9,181 Posts
:eek:

New door, new fender, some filler in the 1/4 panel...

Looks like they spared the door jamb and wheels...

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Wow, thats terrible. Insurance company will total it out if you file a claim. Too much body damage to the 1/4.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
That is totaled, for sure. Too bad...

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dont have the expensive ins coverage to be able to file a claim but yes they would have totaled it if i did.
Been looking around for another t-bird but there like gold around here. Prices are between $2500 to almost $4000 for a stock car with high miles. Willing to swap out the interior and v6 stuff for my interior and v8 but no luck so far.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bummer, that hurts more than a little. I will keep an eye out for one around here also.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
This is why I don't park my bird in the street. Sucks about the car, hopefully you can mod up another one (even though it hurts to part ways)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
It took me 2 weeks of scouring craigslist to find a hella cheap sunroof V8 car. Fortunately, it was a sport too :D The week before I drove almost all the way to houston to look at one just like it with only 120k or so for $1500. I called the guy when I got to the north side of the area and he was like yeah I sold it already. Man I was so mad at that guy. I already told him I was on the way with money.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Ouch, same thing happened to me but luckily it spared the rear quarter panel. I still needed a new corner light, fender, mirror and door and that alone was $2000. RIP birdy.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I had a complete rear half of a Tbird, both rear 1/4 in the backyard for a few years, but nobody seemed to need them ( In California that is ) .. ended up scrapping them. Thinking I should have kept them for spares just in case somebody wrecks one of my Tbirds, but at that rate, its still a WHOLE lot of work to replace. Fenders and door are easy, rear 1/4 .. not easy. Props if you have replaced one before. :tongue:

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wont be fixing the rear 1/4. To much money involved with that :( . Going to continue to add all the stuff thats been collected for it untill I find another 1. Figure that way if there is a problem it will be corrected before the change over lol. Just ordered rear rubber brake lines and pads. Adding PBR's up front and discs in the rear.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Looks like what happened about 13½ months ago to my car. Lone exception is that the RH front wheel was hit also, and "swivels" -- in reverse, the wheel returns to the normal position, but in forward, it moves to the rear of the wheel well.

Someday, I may look into what the problem is...... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the rear disc set up installed , now for the PBR's tomorrow. Trying to get my mustang down here so I can sell it and get another T-bird. Only problem is SC or LX 4.6 lol

·
Super Moderator
9,181 Posts
I might be a bit jaded, but I say late model 4.6... more reliable, cheaper to maintain/upgrade, and just as much fun IMHO. :)

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Leaning towards a 4.6 bird since I have a mark engine , sct4 and other stuff for it but really like to have a supercharger lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts