TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pictures that follow are a few of my 94 SC. I cannot seem to find what exactly it is, as the car is not losing any fluids at all. While I had my brother underneath, he also shot a few shots of the tranny and it seems to be covering that as well. It seems to be spraying all the way back all over the exhaust, the rear tailshaft of the tranny has it all over as well.

At first, I figured it was a seal on the engine, but after finding out it has all over the hoses BEFORE the engine, I'm at a loss.

·
Administrator
8,034 Posts
The original tranny mounts are liquid filled, it could be time for a new one.

Joe

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
PS fluid??

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
P/S fluid is red.I would say engine oil????It doesn't take much oil to splatter all over the place when you are driving.

·
The Parts Guy
7,304 Posts
Oil that wasn't cleaned up after spilling oil all over the K-member when changing the oil filter. You'll find that after changing the filter, that about an 1/8th of a quart of oil is sitting in that drip rail on the front of the K-member. If that isn't cleaned up before you drive the car, the oil will coat just about everything behind it.

-Rod

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oil that wasn't cleaned up after spilling oil all over the K-member when changing the oil filter. You'll find that after changing the filter, that about an 1/8th of a quart of oil is sitting in that drip rail on the front of the K-member. If that isn't cleaned up before you drive the car, the oil will coat just about everything behind it.

-Rod
Actually didn't think about that. What could cause it to get in front of the drip rail though?

·
The Parts Guy
7,304 Posts
Actually didn't think about that. What could cause it to get in front of the drip rail though?
It's farther forward than the front of the K-member? Where (how far forward on the car) does it start to show up at?

-Rod

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's farther forward than the front of the K-member? Where (how far forward on the car) does it start to show up at?

-Rod
If you look at a 94/95 Front bumper, it begins to show up below the air divider underneath. As in, right in front of the rad.
Found another picture. Unsure of the location of the hose, except that it's right in the center, but slightly towards the drivers side. Gonna check it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
In that pic above, it is either the P/S return line or a transmission line. The hose is soaked and the end of the hose is bulging where the clamp is. You can see a puddle of oil on the clamp bolt and on the clamp itself.

Fix this & I bet your problem goes away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts