TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finely got enough snow to get the sleds out. It was great since i just bought my very first sled and dad put his new clutch and track on his. well i get mine out *82 yamaha srv* and dad gets his out *95 skidoo formula ss* and he puts his around till its warm, ditto for me. i finally decide to get into it and this thing is pretty quick. on a launch it will lift the skis a little then grab hard, tops out at about 85 or so. mom then hops onto dads and mashes the throttle right from the get on a snow covered road. 1.52' studs+snow covered road=mom rolling the sled onto its side at about 25 or so. she was alright and so was the sled. just scared herself. next i hopped onto dads and staged the sucker. mashed the throttle and the skis lifted about a foot then dropped and hovered half inch or so until i let out of the throttle. sled tops out at about 95 or 100 but its quick as hell to the get. i would say 60 in about 4 or 5 seconds maybe a little faster. just thought i would share what i do in the t bird off season in Michigan.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I really miss that living in Arizona. One year back in the 80's we pieced together a couple old John Deere spitfires and drove them across Yellowstone and back. What a great trip that was.

My first ride ever on a sled was on an Indy 600. Talk about being spoiled right out of the gate. I also worked a couple winters at Terry Peak ski area outside of Lead, SD as a snowmaker. Having the entire hill to yourself on a snowmobile all night long (graveyard shift) was a hoot....between naps...hehehe

·
5oh Transformer
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep i love the snow here. only downfall is a the salty roads

1 - 3 of 3 Posts