One And Only!
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
HAHAHAHHAHAAAA

I ALMOST FELL OFF MY CHAIR LAUGHING!!!

Holly mother that is the best thing I have read in a very loooong time!!!!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Reminds me of one of my high school friends who decided to check his oil one time in his Celica. Took out the dip stick and he noticed his oil was "low" on the dip stick... ahahhaaha im starting to freaking laugh thinking about this...

So he goes to the fricken store and buys four quarts of oil. Puts them in the motor, checks his dip stick, and says, s**t its still low, so he goes back and buys four more quarts, dumps them in his motor and realizes ITS STILL LOW! So he goes BACK and buys TWO more!!! Dumps them, FINALLY it topped off!!! The FRICKEN OIL WENT TO THE TOP OF THE DIP STICK and he thought, ok now im good. So what does he do? He starts the car.... smoke starts to COVER his car.... 10 minutes later the fire truck showed up!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I still give him sh*t 17 years later.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
can't handle reading a manual or educating yourself then you can't handle owning a car

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Thats got to be a joke.... NO one can be that stupid. If you knew that little about a car, I'd hope that you'd at least be smart enough to know how little you knew and ASK before doing anything so stupid.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
oh dear god.......i mean....seriously.......uh....i mean he sure did clean it.
this man should never own or buy any motor vehicle or anything that has a gas engine on it. i mean seriously who hasn't changed oil with your dad when your a kid and you sit with him and hand him tools. i never handed him a garden hose that's for sure. i also noticed "my car was running bad so i decided to change the oil" that kinda tells me either way if he hadn't put the water in that car was as good as dead already.

Reminds me of one of my high school friends who decided to check his oil one time in his Celica. Took out the dip stick and he noticed his oil was "low" on the dip stick... ahahhaaha im starting to freaking laugh thinking about this...

So he goes to the fricken store and buys four quarts of oil. Puts them in the motor, checks his dip stick, and says, s**t its still low, so he goes back and buys four more quarts, dumps them in his motor and realizes ITS STILL LOW! So he goes BACK and buys TWO more!!! Dumps them, FINALLY it topped off!!! The FRICKEN OIL WENT TO THE TOP OF THE DIP STICK and he thought, ok now im good. So what does he do? He starts the car.... smoke starts to COVER his car.... 10 minutes later the fire truck showed up!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I still give him sh*t 17 years later.
you got to be ****tin me no way....that's just as bad.....if you where a good friend you would have stopped him after the first four or 6 or even 8 but god stop him at ten and tell him to drain it. i would have taken as many pics as possible that way i could give him a daily reminder.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
It can happen. I have a friend in his 30's that had never worked on his own car. He had a 98 Honda Prelude that he was (is) proud of. Now its a nice car but my T-bird would eat it for lunch. Anyway, he asked how to change oil and I walked him through it. Even took pics to show his dad. LOL He said he'd probably never do it again, but it was nice to know how it was done. I even showed him how to change spark plugs, as if he'd ever do that himself.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
It can happen. I have a friend in his 30's that had never worked on his own car. He had a 98 Honda Prelude that he was (is) proud of. Now its a nice car but my T-bird would eat it for lunch. Anyway, he asked how to change oil and I walked him through it. Even took pics to show his dad. LOL He said he'd probably never do it again, but it was nice to know how it was done. I even showed him how to change spark plugs, as if he'd ever do that himself.
.....thats sad. my first project was on my car an immidiate oil change fallowed by brandy new auto lite double platinum plugs. all done in auto shop and got an A ....can't brag about that too much then maybe i can

oh i just remembered a good story...well bad for mustang good for my humor.

this girl turned 16 so here mommy and daddy go buy here a brand new mustang the silvery blueish color 6 cylinder but either way brand new. she drives it for about half a year and i see her broken down on the side of the road. so i pulled over in the bird. i looked at it and tried turning it over nada. asked ever had this thing serviced or oil changed and she said no i told her well call a tow cause this is a dead horse. i felt bad because she started crying because it was her first car. next day she at school i see her leaving in another brand new mustang same exact one....i was like no wonder why they sell so many mustangs. i think she whrecked the 2nd one going up hill and slamming on the gas

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
LOL well you and I grew up in a different world than he did. His dad worked for a company that sent them all over the world. He was lucky enough to be a US citizen and grow up in Kenya, Greece, Germany, and several different locations in the US. He learned things that you and I didn't. LOL but I still laughed at him when he was amazed that I knew such complex things as how to install a new outlet in a wall.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
a man knowing nothing about cars is like a woman not knowing how to shop, its unatural and out right wrong. i think you shouldn't be able to own a car if you can't maintain simple things yourself.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I didn't read the entire thread, but there was a post in there about another thread that guy made where someone told him to run water through is motor to clean it out. When you know nothing about cars (and everyone starts that way), something completely obvious to a knowledgeable person isn't so obvious to the beginner. I know I've blindly followed the advice of people here, so I personally can't blame him for doing it.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
yeah i saw that as well. someone had made to him the sarcastic comment of doing that he didn't realise it and it he did what he did. course the guy that told him probably feels like **** right now and probably should at minimum say he's sorry. poor cobra though. i guess that should be a wake-up call for people that make sarcastic comments about working on cars, how-to- and maintinence. i do feel bad for the guy. then again if he didnt fully know what he was doing he shouldn't have done something as critical as that.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
you got to be ****tin me no way....that's just as bad.....if you where a good friend you would have stopped him after the first four or 6 or even 8 but god stop him at ten and tell him to drain it. i would have taken as many pics as possible that way i could give him a daily reminder.
I was not there. He told me all about it a few hours later. He told me the firemen where cracking up. Drained it and the car was fine.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Maybe the guy just remembered the slick 50 (or whatever it was) commercials where they have the valve covers off and are spraying water into the engine.

I'm always amazed at the lack of knowledge people have about their cars. It's like they don't even know what the owner's/operator’s manual is, let alone where to find it and read it!!! :beek:

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
It's like they don't even know what the owner's/operator’s manual is, let alone where to find it and read it!!! :beek:
What the hell kind of man reads a manual? :rofl:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow some one with that much lack of skill should not own a cobra of any sort. Even that grand prix is too much for him.
He needs to get a Dodge Neon or a Chevrolet Caviler and work his way up from there.

I laughed my azz off at first and now I kind of feel bad that he is that stupid.

How hard is it to ask a friend who has some knowlage of this stuff to help. I suck at brakes so I go to my neighbor for his help. Some people may laugh at me but my car stops without any problems.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Now that brought tears to my eyes!

I think the first response post was pretty good, too. I can't even believe "someone told him it was alright"...either they were pranking on him, or they are possibly more ignorant than the Cobra guy.

True, some just don't get it. My younger brother has a tough time even changing a tire. He just never had any interest in hanging out with dad and learning some basic car stuff when he was younger.

·
Registered
217 Posts
"I hooked up the hose, ran water through the engine, started it up and was waiting for the water to come out clean (The engine never went above idle so I was told this would be ok)." -An idiot

Who told him this would "Be Ok"? Its hard to beleive there is one person in the world that would do this let alone a second one? I feel bad for the Mustang, what did it ever do to get stuck with that owner...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts